17 Things You Learn To Love About Studying at Sheffield Hallam University
Hallam is the best 💕❤️
1. As a Hallam Student, you’re surrounded by beautiful old buildings like this…
Being a couple of minutes from the Peace Gardens is ideal.
2. As well as the new and cutting edge.
Have you seen our latest addition to #Sheffield city centre? Our new Institute of Education, on Arundel Gate and Charles Street, will be home to around 5,000 students, and we've pedestrianised some of the surrounding area, making it safer for them. It's also got a very cool bridge to our Arundel House building next door. Go have a look round soon!
3. And when you do need to get away from Sheffield, you’re only minutes from the train station.
If you’re having a bad day or feeling homesick, you can head straight from your lecture and be on a train pretty quick.
4. On campus, you’re never short of inspiration.
5. Or new works of art and graffiti to check out.
6. There’s free pizza at the Students’ Union (HUBS) during Freshers’ Week.
7. And throughout term, you’re never far away from a Greggs.
There seems to be one round every corner. Living the dream.
8. Having a doctor’s surgery right on campus seriously comes in handy when the dreaded freshers’ flu gets to you.
It comes for us all.
9. The rivalry between Sheffield Hallam and the University of Sheffield is intense and pretty entertaining.
Hallam > Uni of.
10. Especially when Varsity comes around each year.
It brings out your competitive side even if you aren’t mega into sport.
— Ellen Holmes (@EllenJHolmes) April 18, 2016
11. The infamous Carver Street 😍
On a night out it’s got everything from the cheesiest tunes to the coolest music and, importantly, the cheapest drinks. The only way to end your night is in the Carver Street chicken shop.
12. And the nightclub right next to the library, for when you need a break from your essay.
You can go from a studying nightmare to drinking a jägerbomb at Tank nightclub in less than 5 minutes.
13. But when you really do have a lot of work to do, you can always find space to study.
Flatmates being too loud? Library packed? No problem, at Hallam you can always find somewhere to work, especially with the new building being built.
14. There’s an opportunity to showcase your talents outside of the academic each year.
SHUFEST gives students the chance to show off their singing, dancing and much more within the main uni building.
15. And you live for the days when everything is £1 at the uni cafe.
16. All the uni buildings are close together, which gives Hallam a community feel.
17. And you just know it’ll always be home.
There’s so much to love about being a Hallam student.