19 Reasons Why September Is The Worst Month To Be a Graduate
Unless you took a gap year, it’s the first September of your life you haven’t spent getting ready to go back to education.
1. Now that it’s September it’s really sinking in that uni is over.
You moved out and had a graduation and all that, but now you literally aren’t going back.
2. And you won’t be reuniting with all your friends this month.
3. You always had September to look forward to but now it’s just a reminder that you need to get things together.
When people ask how I'm doing now uni's over pic.twitter.com/dnDaxQqPnb
— Rachel (@Vitamiin_R) July 12, 2016
4. And the FOMO is very real.
It feels like everyone is going to uni except you.
Take me back to the first night of freshers pic.twitter.com/ejVK7hj6Gp
— nicole (@__nicolecreamer) June 15, 2016
5. It’s so strong you consider just going back.
Is fomo a legit reason to stay in uni & do a masters?? #ifurmatesjumpoffacliff…
— Emma Ward (@Emma_Ward94) July 2, 2016
6. It occurs to you that uni might have been the most fun you’ll ever have.
7. And you start to wonder whether you’ll ever go out seven nights in a row again.
8. You see freshers posting in Facebook groups you’re still a member of and hate them a little bit.
When you are jealous but you know you don't have the right to be: pic.twitter.com/xmChjsAhE2
— نوران (@nouranmallam) August 21, 2016
9. Because you know they’re about to have the most amazing few years, whilst you’re heading to the office or trying to sort your life out.
Good for them 😁
10. You consider leaving Freshers’ Facebook groups but realise you aren’t ready to let go.
11. And you start to think about all the new people and memories all those freshers have to look forward to.
12. Meanwhile, you’re living for the weekend.
Weekends aren’t even a thing at uni ffs.
Really Dawning On Me That I'm Actually Gonna Have To Wake Up For Work At 6am 5 Days A Week.. WHY IS LIFE SO HARD?? TAKE ME BACK TO UNI :'(
— Tangilope (@Tangilope) August 31, 2016
13. Timehop becomes your worst enemy.
“So excited for uni omg I think I’ve packed too much!!! Can’t wait!!!”
— Bec (@tridisasters) January 21, 2016
14. And it’s occurred to you that maybe you’re just old and boring now.
COULD you go out seven nights in a row and drink like a fresher if you tried?
I feel terribly old. Can't think of anything worse that venturing out to club I tonight. Take me back to fucking freshers.
— Daniel J Wilcox BA (@DanJWilcox) June 23, 2016
15. You can’t understand how uni went so fast.
And how young you look in your Freshers’ photos.
I used to think people who went to uni and stuff were really old and now here I am, wtf I grew up too fast
— AW (@anniewhelann) August 18, 2016
16. You start to worry you didn’t make the most of it.
17. And think about all the time you spent doing nothing and wish you’d done more.
Me when I decide to take a break from all the responsibilities I have to adult to 😂 pic.twitter.com/ZYqIuilr1H
— Oscar (@oscar_castro25) August 18, 2016
18. Starting uni made you nervous, but not as nervous as starting real life does.
Take me back to freshers when my biggest worry was what toppings we should get on our pizza whilst stumbling from the club drunk
— bert (@jasestyle) April 18, 2016
19. Because now that you’ve lost the label of “student” you’re just an actual adult.