19 Things You’ll Only Understand If You’re In A Long Distance Best Friendship
1. People who think long distance relationships are hard have no idea.
Being away from your best friend is WORSE.
Proper miss me best mates like why did we not all go to the same uni
— Ruth Sutton (@ruthsutton13) September 28, 2016
2. Conversations have stopped beginning with traditional greetings and usually just open with “MISS YOU”.
When you and your best friend miss eachother 💔 pic.twitter.com/Ui9qUjJwcX
— Kaitlyn Ewen (@KaitlynEwen) September 27, 2016
3. There’s no such thing as a quick phone call because you always have so much to catch up on.
When you miss you best friend so much your going on 4 hours and its 3:40 in the morning update: still on the phone❤👭 pic.twitter.com/AHRnAX7ALa
— Sandra Coffman (@sandra_coffman) September 5, 2016
4. And you’ve found innovative ways to hang out.
Like watching the same movie at exactly the same time or just taking them everywhere with you on the phone.
When you miss ur friend at a party pic.twitter.com/6jHtEx6Dhu
— Lex (@LexiJohnson7_) September 18, 2016
5. You know every detail of each other’s lives even if you aren’t there for it.
6. But if you didn’t speak for a while, you could pick up the conversation at any point.
You could be apart and not talk for a year and everything would still be the same. Not that you’d ever want that.
when u miss ur friend but u don't have a legit reason to hit them up pic.twitter.com/3px2xvSs8y
— Jana Bocobo (@janabannanaa) September 11, 2016
7. You live for Skype and Facetime.
— Kylie Moy (@kyliemoy) October 11, 2016
8. But hate it when the connection cuts out on you.
9. You each have a lot of ugly Snapchat screenshots of the other.
10. And you’re the only one who can truly decode their drunk messages.
When you text your drunk friend asking where they are and they text back: "jeithdhsgsuakndsgev 😘😘😭" pic.twitter.com/xmcOXkqfJi
— frankie churchill (@spankie310) July 21, 2016
11. Saying goodbye is the worst, even if it’s not for long.
You’re always counting down to when you next get to be together.
12. But being reunited is the best thing ever.
when you miss your best friend pic.twitter.com/3LgE995tfp
— mic☽ (@MichalaZapp) September 12, 2016
13. And everyone knows about it when you are back together.
Being with you two on a night out is unbearable.
14. You get a bit jealous when you see pictures of them with their other friends.
*Screenshots and DMs* “WHO is this??”
15. And your other friends are probably tired of hearing about them all the time.
16. Sometimes you momentarily forget you’re not in the same place any more.
— samantha (@samnardi27) August 28, 2016
17. And whenever something big happens you immediately want to know what they have to say about it.
They can’t wait to hear your gossip.
18. They’re still your best friend even though things are harder.
— Rachael Harmony (@RachaelHarmony) September 9, 2016