20 Signs You’re Officially No Longer a Student
Things change quickly when you leave uni. You might not even realise it, but if you can tick off many of the points on this list you’re on your way to being a real adult. Yay you 👴👵
1. You’ve used the phrase “I need to get an early night.”
And then you actually followed through and were in bed at a reasonable time.
2. Your body clock is actually somewhat functional.
If you wake up and go to sleep again on the same day, you’re getting old.
Mornings are my favorite part of the day..who am I? I dare say..an adult?😷 make it stop pic.twitter.com/PiQCr82f73
— Meredith Vander Loon (@MeredithV23) June 30, 2016
3. You can’t remember the last time you were up at 4am in a YouTube hole.
when I see teenagers online until like 4 am I think to myself "don't u know how precious sleep is.. like cherish that cause soon you adult"
— hill (@__hillxo) July 11, 2016
4. And you’ve swapped binge watching for taking months to finish a series.
As if you have time to waste on endless TV.
5. You’ve gone out for “just a drink or two” and actually had just a drink or two.
6. When you do end up hungover, it is absolutely awful.
Because you’re not used to it any more.
7. You’ve complained about the music in a bar being too loud.
I'm officially full on sick from going to a bar that was too loud and yelling last night. Which way to the suburbs?
— Leah Spigelman (@leahspig) July 9, 2016
8. Because you now regularly go out for just a civilised drink and a chat about work.
9. You have hobbies and interests that are very different from playing Ring of Fire with your society friends.
10. You’re trying to live healthily.
I really wanted Taco Bell for breakfast, but I ate eggs and avocado instead. I guess that means I'm an adult now.
— Kelli Hedrick (@_kellihedrick) July 11, 2016
11. And are attempting to budget.
12. You’re even trying to learn to cook something other than pasta or toast.
13. You’ve considered investing in nice plates and cutlery.
And once you do, you find yourself getting angry when one of the nice forks goes missing.
You know you're an adult when you go to sainsburys and think "oh that's a nice pot & cutlery set"
— dominique alloway (@DominiqueeeA) November 11, 2015
14. You care about home decor more than you’re willing to admit.
If you’ve bought, or have even entertained the idea of buying a decorative throw – you’re done for.
Today, I feel like an adult. I bought my first ever piece of furniture. A chest of drawers. And I'm so excited. What has happened to me.
— Stefanie Martini (@Smartiniful) July 11, 2016
15. And keeping the house nice.
You know you're old when you're excited to use your new broom pic.twitter.com/K7CIhXqyNt
— Nathan Austria (@NathanAust) June 27, 2016
16. You’ve had a serious conversation about the best settings to wash and dry your clothes on.
Because you’ve stopped just picking them up off of the floor and re-wearing them. Sometimes you even iron. It’s weird.
I just shrunk all of my clothes in the wash I fucking hate being a grown up
— joey (@JoeyHayward1) January 21, 2016
17. You get really excited about weekends.
Because they’re a lot more valuable when you’re busy for more than the 6 contact hours a week you had at uni.
18. You pay taxes and have started to worry about your student loan repayments.
Hypothetically if I never ever got a pay rise it would take me 250 years to pay back my student loan.
— Rhianna (@robowecop) June 20, 2016
19. Your parents aren’t saving your bedroom at home for you any more.
20. And you have to make your own doctor’s appointments.
Adulthood = speaking to people you don’t want to speak to on the phone and pretending it’s chill.
I dont want to be an adult
I don't want to book my own doctors appointment
— court (@faithfulzoella) July 11, 2016
Because you’re officially an adult now. Congratulations.
Isn’t it just wonderful??? 😭😭😭