21 Reasons Why Your Second Freshers’ Week Is Better Than Your First
If you feel like you didn’t do it right first time round, now’s your chance.
1. You’ve made friends already, and don’t just have to spend the week with the randoms you’ve been put in halls with.
So glad I don't have to live with THE most boring people EVER like who wants to stay in and printing out card games instead of going out🤔🤔
— Freddie Underwood (@Fredddiexxx) September 2, 2016
2. And you don’t feel the same homesickness you did last year – uni is your second home now.
Tbh your parents’ house is your second home now…
3. You don’t have to deal with all the awkwardness of meeting people for the first time.
4. And the uncomfortable chats with their parents as you hang around in the kitchen on the first day.
You’re probably mates with your best uni friend’s parents by now.
5. Living in your own student house makes everything better.
Pre-drinks are more fun and there aren’t any halls reps trying to organise the fun or make you turn the music down.
6. And you don’t have to drag yourself to a welcome talk hungover, or be woken up by fire drills when you’ve been out all night.
Ew. The memories.
Enjoy the Freshers Finale last night? The hungover Harrow halls residents had a fire drill very early this morning! pic.twitter.com/hgmGBXzLL4
— Smoke Radio (@Smoke_Radio) September 26, 2014
7. You know which clubs are shit.
8. And which nights out you want to save all your energy (and money) for.
9. Your alcohol tolerance is more impressive.
You’ve spent a solid year working on it.
10. And you probably stay out later than most freshers.
11. You can now look back and laugh at the awkwardness of freshers’ Facebook groups.
I'm a second year now I can officially make fun of the freshers look at this pic.twitter.com/Txa6OLcEWD
— Duke Fartknockers (@lucybleich) August 30, 2016
12. And not being one of the babies of the uni any more gives you a new sense of confidence.
Or just a bit of an attitude because you’ve got it more sussed than the newbies 💁
13. And you’re not so worried about making a good impression.
So you can dance like an idiot every night with your friends from last year.
14. You don’t feel pressure to go out every single night because hanging out in your student house is the one 👌
15. And you don’t feel obligated to go to that one shit event on the freshers’ wristband.
You know where in town will be good to go and do your own thing.
16. You know the best places to go at the end of the night for a takeaway and in the morning when you’re hungover and need food ASAP.
17. And you’ve probably got a friend who knows all the bouncers at clubs.
You know who the club photographers are, and to avoid them if you don’t want to be seen at your worst.
18. At times you feel jealous that first year doesn’t count, but you don’t let that stop you.
This week is too important.
19. And you remember how fast the week went last year so you know to make the most of it.
20. You give less fucks about what people think and what the right thing to do is than you did last year.
21. And it’s going to be an amazing week.
Better than the first.