22 End of Uni Moments That Will Bring You Close To Tears
I’m not crying, YOU’RE crying.
1. Closing all the tabs of research for your last ever piece of uni work.
I’m sure having a kid is a good feeling and everything but I really doubt it’s as good as closing all your tabs when you’re done with exams
— jack mal (@jackmallinson) May 23, 2016
2. And experiencing the strange anti-climax that comes after handing in your dissertation.
You thought you’d be really happy but it’s just really fucking weird.
Finishing uni and my dissertation has been such an anti climax. Now I have all this free time but no money to do anything.
— Sophie McDonald (@sophieimcdonald) April 27, 2016
3. Not knowing what to do with yourself and your new-found freedom.
And you’re too exhausted for life anyway.
When uni is over and I still have no idea what I’m doing with my life 😅 pic.twitter.com/jj6PiZHgUe
— Abby Parker (@_kebabs) May 23, 2016
4. Getting an email from uni saying soon you’ll lose access to your account.
Lose access too my Leeds Uni email on Monday, it’s actually over 👀👴🏻
— Michael Byrne (@MichaelByrne_7) 27 August 2015
5. Finally returning your last library book and having to pay off all your fines.
Apparently you can’t graduate unless you pay them… and you do KIND OF want to graduate.
apparently you can’t graduate from my uni if you have – credit on your library card at the end of the three years hahhaaha what a joke
— ems ♛ (@blessbelIisario) May 16, 2016
6. Realising you won’t have student discount or cheap Spotify any more.
Or any money. At all.
When everyone’s taking about how soon graduation is and I’m just pic.twitter.com/lKNw6rWb0f
— Karina Sanchez (@xkarinamarie) April 2, 2016
7. Reluctantly getting a LinkedIn account in an attempt to be an adult.
“About me: I don’t know what I’m doing here.”
8. But still crying on every night out you go on because everything is ending.
And wondering whether every uni night out you go on is your last.
When all the lads are getting a club photo, but you’re just there thinking about the end of uni pic.twitter.com/bZM68yH6dG
— Spanner Reacts (@SpannerReacts) 13 May 2016
9. Contemplating a life of never waking up late on a week day ever again.
Unless you’re sick… or retired. YAY.
10. Trying to plan life after uni and realising it’s way more stressful than exams.
11. Seeing freshers around campus and feeling the need to lecture them about making the most of it.
ENJOY YOUR YOUTH, CHILDREN – IT’S ALL DOWNHILL FROM HERE
12. And running into people from your course and thinking you’ll probably never see them again.
And struggling not to be really dramatic about it.
13. Messaging a friend to go out and realising they’ve already gone home.
14. The first time someone says “see you at graduation!”
When you realize that graduation is soon and you’re not ready for the real world pic.twitter.com/JZfrdBZXkP
— Grant (@hartlessgrant) May 1, 2016
15. Weeping as your housemate measures your head circumference for your graduation cap.
“I just never thought this day would come.”
You know graduation is getting closer when you’ve got a tape measure around your head.
— Richard Humphreys (@rwh92) May 12, 2016
16. The long, agonising wait for your results.
17. But secretly kind of hoping you failed a module or two so you can retake the year.
Kinda hope I've failed so I can start Uni again and actually enjoy my course
— saps (@sapna__x) August 29, 2015
18. Planning a reunion with your uni mates and worrying you’ll feel too old at all the student nights.
Doing it anyway, obvs.
19. Packing up all your stuff, taking your posters off the walls and just looking at your empty bedroom.
20. Moving from everyone asking what you’re going to do after uni to having to actually do something.
It’s a lot, a lot worse.
21. And realising you haven’t quite achieved everything you hoped you would when you started uni.
me at the end of my first year at uni pic.twitter.com/j0QbaUxjDY
— カオナシ (@samia_xo) July 25, 2014
22. But worst of all, having to say goodbye to your housemates and leaving your house for good.
Emotional morning saying goodbye to the best housemates and the best 4 years at uni 💔😢
— Lucy Natalie Bull (@lucynataliebull) June 17, 2015
Too much 😭😭😭😭