24 Problems People Who Don’t Go To University Will Never Understand
H e l p 😬
1. Never getting exactly what you were promised when you initially looked at the prospectus.
2. And realising you’ve committed to three or more years of the constant stress that comes with trying to “make the most of it”.
3. Checking your timetable to find you’ve been given multiple lectures and seminars on the same day.
4. Being consistently poor and afraid of the time when you have to start paying back your massive student loans, yet still being charged to print off your essays.
5. And struggling through the weeks when your loan has run out and you’re waiting for the next instalment.
6. Having to sit in a near-silent lecture with a horrible case of Freshers’ Flu.
It is worse than non-Freshers’ flu. Trust.
7. Trying to learn anything – or even stay awake at all – in a 9am.
8. Realising you’ve turned up to a lecture slightly late and will have to walk of shame to find an available seat.
9. That moment in a seminar when you realise you are lost completely.
“You should remember this from A Level.” 💩
10. And wondering what you’re even paying for when the lecturer clicks through the PowerPoint slides too quickly.
11. The constant fear that there’s an assignment you aren’t yet aware of waiting for you on Blackboard.
12. The struggle of trying to start an essay when you legit have 0 idea what you’re doing.
5 hours later:
13. And knowing that one day you will have to think up, plan and write thousands upon thousands of words to create a dissertation.
14. Dealing with halls cleaners and their strange rules.
15. Being assigned people you don’t get on with in your uni accommodation.
16. And actually having your success or failure for a module riding on a group project.
17. Trying to survive exam season all-nighters.
18. Especially if you’re hoping to do any of your revision in the library.
19. The pain that is opening an exam paper and seeing the one question you were hoping not to see.
20. Getting feedback and seeing the marker gave you 1% below the grade boundary.
21. Stressing about the risk that comes with taking a nap when you have a deadline soon.
Uni = always, always being really fucking tired.