24 Problems People Who Don’t Go To University Will Never Understand
H e l p 😬
1. Never getting exactly what you were promised when you initially looked at the prospectus.
2. And realising you’ve committed to three or more years of the constant stress that comes with trying to “make the most of it”.
3. Checking your timetable to find you’ve been given multiple lectures and seminars on the same day.
Coming home after a full day of lectures like pic.twitter.com/nTEodxici5
— Student Problems (@ProblemsAtUni) October 30, 2016
4. Being consistently poor and afraid of the time when you have to start paying back your massive student loans, yet still being charged to print off your essays.
— ellie (@elliehughes01) February 16, 2016
5. And struggling through the weeks when your loan has run out and you’re waiting for the next instalment.
Trying to make it until I get my student loan like pic.twitter.com/gHvvg6TCoa
— Student Problems (@ProblemsAtUni) September 25, 2016
6. Having to sit in a near-silent lecture with a horrible case of Freshers’ Flu.
It is worse than non-Freshers’ flu. Trust.
— Hannah Travis (@Hannah_jayneexx) October 28, 2016
7. Trying to learn anything – or even stay awake at all – in a 9am.
The 4 stages of a morning lecture pic.twitter.com/CRPtmLSkmn
— Student Problems (@ProblemsAtUni) October 18, 2016
8. Realising you’ve turned up to a lecture slightly late and will have to walk of shame to find an available seat.
9. That moment in a seminar when you realise you are lost completely.
“You should remember this from A Level.” 💩
what university feels like pic.twitter.com/dbCAhKER7p
— Student Problems (@ProblemsAtUni) July 28, 2016
10. And wondering what you’re even paying for when the lecturer clicks through the PowerPoint slides too quickly.
11. The constant fear that there’s an assignment you aren’t yet aware of waiting for you on Blackboard.
12. The struggle of trying to start an essay when you legit have 0 idea what you’re doing.
5 hours later:
13. And knowing that one day you will have to think up, plan and write thousands upon thousands of words to create a dissertation.
— Joshua (@J90FOO) May 17, 2016
14. Dealing with halls cleaners and their strange rules.
"I can't clean your kitchen it's not clean"
– (Cleaner, 2016)
— Student Problems (@ProblemsAtUni) October 23, 2016
15. Being assigned people you don’t get on with in your uni accommodation.
When you ask your flat mate why they used some of your milk pic.twitter.com/4u1Ris7Z16
— Student Problems (@ProblemsAtUni) July 22, 2016
16. And actually having your success or failure for a module riding on a group project.
17. Trying to survive exam season all-nighters.
18. Especially if you’re hoping to do any of your revision in the library.
19. The pain that is opening an exam paper and seeing the one question you were hoping not to see.
20. Getting feedback and seeing the marker gave you 1% below the grade boundary.
21. Stressing about the risk that comes with taking a nap when you have a deadline soon.
Uni = always, always being really fucking tired.