24 Socially Awkward Moments That Were Just Too Much For You at University
University campuses are a minefield.
1. When you were making food alone in the kitchen and someone walked in so you had to make small talk.
2. When someone was complaining about their milk being stolen and you were convinced everyone “knew” it was you even though it wasn’t.
3. When your housemate’s parents came up to visit.
4. When you needed to make your own doctor’s appointment and you missed your mum.
5. When you made new friends in a lecture and said bye at the end only to realise you were walking the same way home.
When you're socially awkward pic.twitter.com/NSYIXi677T
— ブライアン (@Papi_Flacko) October 30, 2015
6. And then you had to deal with saying goodbye all over again.
— Tim Marecki (@timothly) March 27, 2015
7. When the seminar tutor asked everyone to take it in turns to share a fun fact about themselves in the first seminar of the module.
8. And when you brave it and answer a question in a seminar and the tutor says “would you like to expand on that at all?”
“No, but thank you for ruining this moment for me.”
9. Or worse, you get the answer wrong.
10. When someone tells you it’s your turn to pick a song at pre-drinks and you don’t want to get it ‘wrong’.
I actually hate you for putting me in this position.
11. And when you’re all ready to go out and someone says you look good.
12. When you’re on a night out and see someone you really like.
13. So you hit them with your best lines.
14. When you attempt to look good in an official club night photo.
They’re so high pressure.
15. Then someone asks how your night’s going and you say “I’m having a great time” regardless of whether or not you are having a great time.
16. When you are reminded of something embarrassing you did at the club.
17. When you saw an acquaintance on campus and didn’t know how to respond.
“Smile? Nod in acknowledgement? Nothing? They’re not my FRIEND? I’ve been staring this entire time haven’t I.”
when you're socially awkward af and try to meet ppl pic.twitter.com/w1Pa3p6jHt
— Dr. Mantis Toboggan (@cripimalo) March 30, 2016
18. And then they actually stopped to catch up with you.
19. When you’re walking alone on campus and someone calls you over to say hi and you wonder how long they were watching you.
“What was I doing with my face? What was I thinking about? I’m never going out in public again.”
20. When someone you don’t know sits next to you in a lecture but you were saving the seat for your friend.
*Does nothing about it* *hates life*
21. And then they introduce themselves.
When you’re stuck in an awkward small talk and you’re not sure how to get out of it 😂💯😭 pic.twitter.com/l8iip8pUE3
— Erik 🎃 (@Mozerik) October 9, 2016
22. But your chat was not at its best.
23. When you’re put in a presentation group exclusively with people you don’t know.
24. And when you can’t find a seat in the library and it feels like everyone is watching you as you walk around looking for one.
But eventually the day comes when you meet someone who is as socially awkward as you.