24 Things That Scare University Students More Than Halloween
I’d take a “killer clown” over any of this.
1. Going to careers for help and being asked what you really want to do with your life after uni.
Leaving you more panicked than before you went.
2. Sitting in an exam and realising your mind has gone completely blank.
This morning's exam got me like pic.twitter.com/NOrlo1jQlg
— Kopp (@Sharep44) October 14, 2016
3. And then seeing someone else ask for more paper.
4. Risking it and asking someone what they put for some of the questions in an exam and them having completely different answers to you.
5. Turning up to a lecture late and being watched by everyone as you walk in.
— Galvan (@ivangee13) September 3, 2016
6. Thinking you were finally done with your essay and then realising you hadn’t been keeping track of your references.
Hours before the hand in.
When you're doing an essay at the last minute pic.twitter.com/O7lsScTvKv
— Tank (@iFunnyTank) January 31, 2016
7. Then trying to submit the essay right before the deadline and risking Blackboard failing.
when you turn in your essay literally the last minute pic.twitter.com/GFs0PFXWTg
— halloweeb 🎃 (@redridingho) October 18, 2016
8. Getting caught for accidentally plagiarising because you will never really understand the rules.
9. Being asked what you think in a seminar when you didn’t do the reading.
So you spend the whole time trying to avoid being noticed.
10. Getting with someone on a night out only to discover afterwards that they’re best mates with your housemate or on your course.
11. Your seminar tutor saying “now I’m going to put you into groups…”
Especially if you don’t get put with any of your course friends.
12. Finding yourself on a ‘Spotted’ page or the subject of a Yak because you did something embarrassing like fall asleep in the library.
13. Being really hyped for a big night out and getting ready only for your mate to say: “I’m not feeling it, don’t think I’ll make it out.”
14. Finally getting round to doing your essay and finding all the books on your topic have been taken.
15. Staying up late to do revision and then sleeping through your alarm for the exam the next day.
all this stress is brEaking me Out pic.twitter.com/u9gUttXNvi
— tay (@clubsoda6) October 14, 2016
16. Showing up to a lecture and your lecture friend not being there.
— Mariana ZS (@Serty68) June 2, 2016
17. Running into your library crush when you’re looking 1/10 that day.
18. Dragging yourself to a lecture only to find out it was optional.
And it’s going to be on Blackboard later.
19. Forgetting to save your essay as you went along and your computer crashing.
20. Getting 59% in an assignment and never understanding what the missing 1% was.
21. Having to check in with your supervisor and discuss your progress.
Or lack thereof.
22. Looking at what you could do after uni and ending up wondering why you chose your course in the first place.
23. Checking your bank account and seeing how far into your overdraft you are.
My favorite childhood memory is not paying bills
— Student Problems (@FactsOfSchool) October 18, 2016