24 Times You Wished You Could Live Alone at Uni
Student houses are the best, except for all those times when they’re really, really not.
1. When you got home looking forward to the food you’d saved yourself from the night before and it was ~miraculously~ nowhere to be found.
2. When you woke up on time for your morning lecture and one of your housemates got in the shower mere seconds before you.
3. When you walked out of your room looking like shit to find your housemate had invited a load of course friends over.
* Course STRANGERS.
4. Or worse, when you only discovered there was a party happening at your house when drunk people started appearing. Without anyone warning you.
Dead give away.
5. When you walked into the bathroom to find your toothbrush on the floor.
How many times has this happened without me knowing?
6. When you found out one of your housemates had used the last of the toilet paper at the least opportune moment.
7. When you had your mates from home up to stay and your uni friends started updating them on your latest embarrassing stories.
8. Not to mention when your parents came for a visit and your housemates couldn’t just behave for a few hours.
9. Every time you had to hear one of your housemates have sex.
10. And that time they heard you have sex and wouldn’t let you live it down.
11. When you got home from uni and realised everyone had just ordered pizza without you.
When small people get angry pic.twitter.com/b7ZUxfa581
— Jessica ❤️ (@FriesOverBoys) October 20, 2016
12. When you all got a taxi to the club and you were the only one with cash – and no one followed through on their offer to buy you a drink.
13. When you were hungover and your housemate wasn’t.
Leave me alone to die I can’t give you attention right now.
14. When someone else’s food was going mouldy and smelt gross in the fridge.
And you didn’t want it to be there but you really didn’t want to be the one to touch it either.
15. When you saw your house’s first passive aggressive note.
16. When no one could agree on whether the heating should be on or off.
And people just started taking it into their own hands so it was constantly fluctuating.
17. When the group chat just descended into an argument about who owed who how much for bills.
18. And when you had to face someone after telling them how you really felt in the group chat.
19. When your housemate had a 9am and woke everyone else up in the process.
20. And when that one housemate just expects everyone else to exist on the same sleep schedule as them.
21. When your housemate came home drunk and had forgotten their key.
So they just banged on the door and rang everyone’s phones until someone woke up to let them in.
22. When two of your housemates were arguing and you were desperately trying not to get dragged into it.
23. When you had a party and one of your housemates called you out in Never Have I Ever.
In front of people who aren’t in the house circle of trust. The ultimate betrayal.
24. When you had uni the next day but your housemate managed to talk you into getting drunk.
And even though you kinda hated them a bit for it, you know you’ll never have more fun with anyone else.
You wouldn’t change a thing.