25 Thoughts Every Student Has When Writing an Essay at Uni
Unless you’re super prepared, it’s a nightmare every time.
1. I can do this.
2. I don’t even understand the title. I literally do not know some of the words in this title.
3. Did we study this? I don’t remember this coming up in lectures?
4. I really wish I’d concentrated more in lectures.
5. HOW many words??
6. Did we not literally just write an essay? And now there’s another? Are they joking?
7. I’m not dealing with this right now.
when u remember u have an assignment due 11:59pm, 3 reviews, 2 quizzes, a test, and essay due the next day pic.twitter.com/Rsw6n1dZyU
— نوال $ (@queenaww) November 23, 2016
8. I do my best work under pressure anyway.
Pretty much me at uni😂 pic.twitter.com/v35bEMov7x
— laura king (@Laura93King) December 7, 2014
9. No one really plans, it’s fine. It’ll come to me as I go along.
10. I wonder what’s happening on Facebook. I wonder how my mum’s doing, I should really call her.
actual photo of me at uni pic.twitter.com/vjK87mMHUI
— ruby ⓥ (@ruby_belll) March 4, 2016
11. I’ve done an hour on this today, that’s enough. It’s important to have a good work-life balance.
12. As long as I make the introduction strong, that’ll make up for the rest of it. Probably.
I’ll just wow them with the introduction and hope they skim-read all the other words.
Trying to be positive like pic.twitter.com/sAUNSuiWdK
— Shahad (@Shhahhaddd) September 14, 2016
13. What am I even arguing here?
14. Maybe everyone else has done terribly and they’ll lower the marking criteria.
15. Really, the uni wants me to do well just as much as I do. They won’t let us all fail.
16. How is this not over yet? Why don’t I have enough words? Will this ever end?
17. There. Is. No. Time. NO TIME.
18. Do you know what, I think I’d be happy with 40%. I can make that work.
I’ll just make up for it with the next one.
19. Need words. Any words. Please just write some words. Words words words.
When your essay has to be 750 words pic.twitter.com/n6XOLZMsef
— erica johnson💫 (@ericagoesmeow) October 10, 2015
20. I should throw in some big words. If I use “hence” every so often they’ll know I know exactly what I’m talking about.
When you use "thus" in an essay in hopes it will make your teacher think you know the material pic.twitter.com/pXAMXeN6DW
— $lim Tim (@yungbeanstalk) November 15, 2016
21. This needs a shitload of editing.
22. *Googles how to reference*. That is just unreasonable.
As if they check the bibliography anyway.
23. Fuck it, I can’t look at this any more.
24. I handed in work in Year 5 that was more promising than this.
When u hand your essay in at the end of class pic.twitter.com/pL9CoQT8pr
— lauren (@_LaurenJacobson) November 18, 2016