25 Times Drunk You Was Your Own Worst Enemy at University
It’s all fun until you wake up the next day and realise you actually just ruined your life.
1. When you were supposed to just go for a quiet drink or two and it escalated.
Ruining any plans you had for the next day.
2. And when you missed a full day of work before a deadline because of an unbearable hangover.
Priorities tho 💁💁
3. When you spent all of pre-drinks telling your friends not to let you text your ex and two doubles later you were hiding from your friends and texting them.
Drunk you cannot be helped.
4. When you overdid it at pre-drinks and didn’t even make it out.
And then had to listen to everyone talking about how great their night was the next day and hear all about how much of a mess you were at pres.
5. Or when you timed your pre-drinking badly and were sober by the time you got to the club.
And had to spend the first hour catching up with everyone there.
6. When you ran into an acquaintance on your night out and enthusiastically made plans with them.
That sober you probably has to find a way to get out of at some point.
7. When you went up to people you recognised from lectures and spoke to them like you were best friends.
And you’d never actually spoken to them before in your life.
8. When you practically harassed the DJ because they STILL weren’t playing your song.
9. When you tried to get low on the dance floor and couldn’t get back up again.
You just have to hope someone helps you up before everyone notices.
10. When you checked your bank balance the next day and realised drunk you really doesn’t spend responsibly.
11. When you HAD to have an end of the night takeaway after promising you wouldn’t because you have no money.
12. And it had to be a Domino’s because drunk you wants sober you to be poor.
13. When your friends wanted to go home so you kept buying them drinks to keep them out longer.
14. Or you decided to buy everyone a round of shots for no apparent reason.
Because you’re ballin’. Except you’re really really not.
Student logic: Double vodka – £3 “what a bargain!”, £3 box of cereal that will last a week – “What an utter piss take, I can’t afford that!”
— Student Problems (@ProblemsAtUni) 19 October 2015
15. When you spent the whole next day throwing up and only had your own drunk self to blame.
16. When you thought it would be hilarious to get your club night stamp on your forehead.
Which you then had to scrub off in a hungover panic to get to lectures the next day.
It’s all fun and games till you wake up with a club stamp on your face and no memories from the last 13 hours
— Mairi Nicol (@mairinicol) 11 May 2016
17. When you went out of your way to be in club photos but you were way too drunk to hold it together.
How I think I look vs reality. pic.twitter.com/0lKDuf70y5
— Carly Heading (@carlyylalaa) May 13, 2016
18. And you insisted your friend be in a constant stream of (unflattering) selfies with you.
“Let’s share them on Facebook RIGHT NOW.”
why did I try make a status last night with the ‘feeling drunk’ emotion and loads of selfies of me in a booth….
— kay zena (@thunderst0rms_) 17 April 2016
19. Or when you decided it was a good idea to use Facebook at all when drunk.
Never go on Facebook when you’re drunk, accidentally commented a massive crying face emoji on someone’s BABY SCAN PHOTO😭😭😭 fuck sake
— laura (@lauraharveey) 28 May 2016
20. When you were too much of a state to even get into the club.
Or worse, you made it in and then somehow got kicked out and banned for a while.
21. When you became that drunk friend who just wanders off and loses everyone.
How do you do it. WHY do you do it.
22. When you cried in front of everyone for no apparent reason*
* Because vodka.
If you cried when you were drunk, did you really cry?
— Nikita (@FajitaNagpal) May 30, 2016
23. And insisted on calling your now-super-pissed-off friends at 2am trying to get them to come out.
“DANCE WITH MEEEE…. wait why are you shouting at me?”
24. When you woke up the next day to find you did a 200 second long Snapchat story.
Mostly of you singing badly at the camera.
25. And when you realised you’ll do it all again anyway.
Maybe you’ll figure it out one day?