18 Reasons Why I’ll Never Regret Studying at Leeds Beckett University
Choosing which uni to go to is a hard decision for anyone to have to make. But here are just a few of the reasons why I’m sure I made the right choice going to Leeds Beckett…
1. First things first, Leeds itself has been ranked the 5th best European city.
If you want to read more about that, head to an article about it here.
2. And I would definitely agree with that.
3. Beckett’s campus isn’t half bad either.
4. Especially at Headingley.
5. The Beckett/Uni of rivalry is such a rich source of entertainment.
At Varsity, during nights out, or just about anywhere else really.
1000000% Beckett > uni of
— helz (@helz_sadler) February 9, 2017
6. And until you’ve experienced a Beckett Varisty win, you don’t understand what true team spirit is.
Beckett winning varsity again, yaaassssss🎉🎉🎉🎉
— jade (@heythereimjade) October 5, 2016
7. If, like me, you started at the right time, you got a free hoodie.
OK, so maybe it was kind of annoying having to tell people that we weren’t called Leeds Met anymore. But still… free hoodies.
8. The Uni is home to some 👌 lecturers.
Links with famous authors, great senses of humour and real passion for what they do are just some of their advantages.
9. And an excellent SU.
10. You’re perfectly situated to easily fill gaps between lectures with great food.
Almost Famous, anyone?
11. Or with some retail therapy.
Literally every shop you could ever want is in Leeds city centre, including a mahoosive Topshop/Topman.
12. And there’s almost too much choice when it comes to after-uni drinks.
Cocktail bars were my personal fave.
13. The city centre is always absolutely loaded with other students.
14. And no matter what day it is, there’s always somewhere great to go out at night.
Bierkeller, HiFi, Space and Call Lane are just a few options.
LEEDS IS THE BEST NIGHT OUT IN THE COUNTRY
— Luke (@LukeTunmogun) April 25, 2017
15. There are so many societies to join.
If the Media Society wasn’t your thing, maybe the Ethical Hackers Society was…
16. And you’re walking in the footsteps of a few famous alumni.
Including Ricky Wilson from the Kaiser Chiefs, Piers Aggett and Kesi Dryden from Rudimental and Olympic Triathlon gold medallist Alistair Brownlee MBE.
17. But most importantly, it’s where I met some of the best people ever.
18. And spent the best three years of my life so far.
Oh man, I love you Beckett. 💜