21 Signs You’re Definitely Living In A Student House
Student houses are known for being noisy, small and, let’s face it, dirty. But what is it that really proves you’re a part of one?
1. Your kitchen bins have become a very intense game of Jenga.
— Rachael Gibbons (@RachInMaFace) March 14, 2013
2. Which may have attracted an unwanted pet or two.
We called ours ‘Ratthew’.
3. The house is never, ever quiet.
4. Which makes it pretty much impossible to actually get any work done.
Ah well, may as well go out instead then.
5. There’s always a queue for the oven at dinner time.
6. And your frustration at this is only worsened when you find out someone’s been at your ketchup. Again.
Who da fook stole my ketchup?!?! #ketchupthief
— Hannah French (@hannahhfrenchxo) June 25, 2012
7. Probably the same person who steals your milk.
WHO KEEPS STEALING MY MILK
— charlie (@chxrliehughes) October 13, 2015
8. The bottles from every pre-drinks you’ve ever hosted have become permanent ornaments.
You know you're in a Student house when… pic.twitter.com/J0oaSB32
— Richard Ellarby ➕ (@DJRPM) June 27, 2012
9. And there’s beer in pretty much every room of the house.
— Paige Dugay (@Paigeedugay) November 25, 2014
10. It’s not hard to tell what everyone had for dinner last week.
Because no one has washed up yet.
11. And besides, there’s no washing up liquid anyway. Just three empty bottles lying next to the sink.
12. The house is only ever properly cleaned if a parent is visiting.
Some serious cleaning will be happening tomorrow! #parentscoming
— Samantha Davis (@Davis19Samantha) October 31, 2013
13. And the WiFi is pretty much non-existent.
14. Someone always manages to beat you to the washing machine.
15. The fridge probably looks like this.
16. And your cupboards are most likely filled with these.
17. Something is always broken.
Not that your landlord agrees.
18. And scenes like this are commonplace.
You know when people say you sometimes get damp in your student house, I expected a little tiny circle, not this… pic.twitter.com/LRFvgbGc
— Naomi Simmonett (@NaySimmo) November 26, 2012
19. Usually caused by the fact that it’s so cold inside all the time.
20. You really wish you had a proper garden.
21. And that you didn’t have a house group chat that’s constantly full of passive-aggressive warnings.
Ah well, there’s no place like
home your student house. 🏠