20 Reasons Why Your Uni Best Friend Is The Best Friend You’ll Ever Have
Friends who survive uni together, stay together.
1. You probably became friends for the most unconventional of reasons.
Wow I like the way you don’t take notes either in lectures, let’s be friends.
2. You got really excited to tell your family and friends at home about your new wonderful friend like it was the first day of primary school.
3. You can talk shit to each other over text anytime, anywhere.
Anyone who can send a sickening joke or Snapchat during a lecture is someone you need in your life.
4. And it’s a major plus if you end up in the same groups together.
This dream team will conquer.
5. They’re the only person to make you feel better when deadlines are looming and your bank balance is crying.
But you’ll still dismiss your apparent ‘poverty’ for a cocktail…that you buy…to make you feel better.
6. They quite literally know everything there is to know about you.
But they still wouldn’t grass you up in a group game of ‘Never Have I Ever’.
7. You can communicate with each other entirely through facial expressions.
“You say it best, when you say nothing at all…”
8. You get to do so many activities together.
Learn, food shop, get drunk, dance, eat, watch documentaries, nap, you name it, they’re there.
9. They’re the best person to eat pasta out of pots with.
No judgement here.
10. You can pretend to be adults together.
Let’s buy sponges and wash the draining board like actual human old people!!!
11. They’ve seen you at your tracksuit-bottoms-unwashed-hair-and-dying-skin worst and your absolutely-fabulous-I-hope-I-see-‘them’-tonight best.
And have loved you either way.
12. There’s literally no story you can’t share with them.
13. And no one you’re not prepared to hate on their behalf.
Who they hated in year nine, you now hate.
14. They always make you feel good about yourself.
No matter how much weight you’ve put on from mainly consuming beige foods and corner shop wine.
15. They’ll be there to support you when you get a bad grade or you get one mark off a bloody first.
My best-friend will aid such a crisis with tequila.
16. After spending crazy amounts of time with them, no question is a crazy one.
What are boundaries?
17. You secretly enjoy when they get jealous about your ‘home best friend’.
WHO DAT BITCH?
18. You have an excuse to visit another place and find out about their OTHER life.
We are all Hannah Montanas in the uni world.
19. And you get the chance to be a tourist in your own city too.
“What’s that?” they ask. I have no actual clue; I rarely look around the place I have lived in all my life.
20. Most importantly of all, they actually feel like family.
With the absence of your “real” family 24/7 you have your friend to tell you that your t-shirt is stained, your flat is a shit-hole and you don’t look good in yellow.
One reason not to love them? They probably live miles and miles from your hometown, meaning seeing them during holidays and after graduation is a problem and a half.
Distance might make the heart grow fonder, but it makes my frown form stronger.