17 Things You’ll Only Understand If You’re In a Long Distance Relationship at Uni
Relationships are hard enough when you’re in the same town, but long distance is another level.
1. How annoying it is when people complain about not seeing their partner for days.
Try not seeing them for weeks/months then come and complain.
2. And the frustration of not being able to just ‘pop over’ to see them.
It takes a whole lotta planning.
3. Which means when you’ve had a bad day, there’s no cuddle at the end of it.
Only your pillow and a cup of tea.
4. You end up spending a fortune on travel.
5. Skype will always freeze at the height of banters flirtation.
And probably at your least attractive angle.
6. Your phone is never far away.
Your friends hate it, but how else are you going to catch up?
7. How irritating it is to hear: “You shouldn’t be tied down by a long distance relationship. You’re young, move on.”
Maybe they’re worth it?
8. Goodbyes are always more emotional.
9. And missing them never gets easier.
10. Especially if there are couples everywhere you look.
11. You wish you could go to bed every night like this.
12. You’re happy to be with them, but sad that you miss them.
So many conflicting emotions!
13. It’s like being single but you’re in a relationship.
Perks: They can’t smell your farts over Skype, and you have more time to spend with your friends. Cons: You miss them, and miss them, and did I mention miss them?
14. But at least it makes you appreciate the time you have together so much more.
15. In spite of what people think, the distance actually makes you closer.
16. The less faith people have in your relationship, the more determined you become to keep it strong.
17. And although you’re far away from each other now, you both know that will change in the future.
You’ll find a way.