16 Times You Regretted Studying Film At University
When you study Film at university, you can’t help but have some regrets.
1. When people always assumed that your course was way easier than theirs.
It does piss me off how people say film studies is a doss when they don't even do the course
— Ross Lewis (@rossablewis) October 15, 2015
2. And joked that all you ever did was watch films. Nothing else.
3. When you were stressing about your exams and someone asked if wasn’t just watching another film.
When ur film studies exam is highkey gonna be your hardest exam…
— Ry (@RylanRam) December 21, 2015
4. When nobody appreciated how much effort actually goes into making a 2 minute film.
5. Especially when it comes to lugging heavy equipment round all day during a filming.
6. And then spending hours on end in the editing suite trying to make it perfect.
7. When you realised you were pretty much the only creative course that doesn’t get a reading week.
8. When you were actually revising but it looked like you were just having a library film session.
9. Or when you had to watch a really weird, cult film for your module and it was so not the one.
10. When you felt that your tutor’s high expectations were unreasonable given your low film budget.
11. Or when people who barely showed up ended up getting a better grade than you.
12. When you could no longer enjoy watching a film in your spare time without dissecting it scene by scene.
film studies has ruined me I can't watch something without thinking 'that must've been excruciating to shoot/edit/colour'
— rhiannon (@sparklingpiss) January 28, 2016