10 Times Every Graduate Needed Their Parents To Back Off
These days, recent graduates are under more pressure than ever to get a good graduate job and prove that doing a degree was worth it. The last thing they really need is their parents to add to that pressure, however well-intentioned they’re being.
1. When you’ve been unsuccessfully job hunting all week and just want a duvet day but you know you’re being judged for it.
2. When people ask them about what you’re doing now and they give that look of half-sympathy, half-disappointment.
3. When they keep telling you how accomplished their friends’ sons and daughters are.
Yeah, thanks for the hint. Very subtle.
4. Or when they start suggesting that you ought to think about settling down soon like a proper adult.
5. When they make you feel like you have to justify every single day or night out because you still don’t have a job.
6. But then listen as they tell you to make sure you take some time to relax too.
7. When they never understand that just because you’ve graduated it doesn’t mean you’re ready for graduate life.
8. But that you also don’t want to go back to do a Master’s either.
Thanks for the suggestion, though.