14 Times You Wanted To Give Up The Graduate Job Hunt and Just Run Away Instead
Applying to job after job on a daily basis can get tiresome. Sometimes it just makes you want to give up completely on the whole thing.
1. When you realised just how competitive the graduate job market is.
2. And that your degree didn’t stand out nearly as much as you thought it would.
3. When the experience requirements were completely unreasonable for a graduate position.
— Maine (@bluprint_4) July 2, 2016
4. And it was easier to decide what you didn’t want to do than what you did.
5. When someone who didn’t try as hard as you at uni somehow landed a great job straight away.
6. Or when you were constantly hearing about how much fun people who’d gone travelling instead were having.
7. And no one understood why you didn’t just go as well if you wanted to.
When you say you wanna go travelling and someone says 'do it then' pic.twitter.com/Uc0UlSfSXd
— Erin McLachlan (@ErinMacx) May 7, 2016
8. When you received a rejection letter almost immediately after applying.
9. Or when you were told they’d gone with someone else… but the job was still available.
10. And you got so used to the being told “thanks but no thanks” you stopped even feeling upset about it.
Me after receiving the 23658th job rejection letter this year: pic.twitter.com/mFeSvA4OMP
— Anita (@aniaev) October 17, 2016
11. When you became uncomfortable with how much you had to lie on your applications.
me applying for jobs pic.twitter.com/yHQ8xJM3wQ
— jonah (@jiyongfactkin) August 30, 2016
12. But being honest wasn’t working out either.
Me applying for jobs… pic.twitter.com/F5NFmmxTzl
— JaBria Christina (@Bria_Bugatti) July 15, 2016