10 White Lies All Students Are Guilty of Telling Their Parents
Your parents may have brought you up to know that lying is wrong but sometimes it seems like the only way to ease their minds.
Here are a few favourites we all use when necessary.
(If you’re reading this, Mum, I’m sorry)
1. “I am eating healthily”
The truth: Drinking vodka orange is the closest thing you’ll get to having five a day.
2. “I’m not in my overdraft”
The truth: You can’t remember a time when you were out of it.
3. “I’ve already started applying for jobs”
The truth: The only thing you’ve applied for is an extension on your overdraft.
4. “I am attending all my lectures”
The truth: You got halfway through the slides that were online before changing to Netflix from the comfort of your bed.
5. “I’m not hungover”
The truth: you’re always hungover
6. “Oh I never got that text/call”
The truth: you’re making up for all those times as a teenager when you wanted to ignore them but couldn’t.
7. “My sleeping pattern is fine!”
The truth: 4am is your version of going to bed early.
8. “I don’t walk home alone after a night out. I always stay with my friends”
The truth: You drunkenly send random letters and numbers that make no sense to let each other know you got home safe instead.
9. “My room actually looks quite tidy right now”
The truth: There’s so many clothes on your floor that the only tidy space in your room is in your actual wardrobe.
10. “I am dressing warm enough”
The truth: The only jacket you’ve been wearing out is your beer jacket.
We’re sorry. It’s only because we love you.