18 Things You Learn To Love About Studying at UCLan
Beautiful buildings, a free gym and 90p drinks at MACs? Sign me up.
1. You’re surrounded by fancy-looking buildings.
And the new build means UCLan is certain to level up and get some more.
2. And beautiful old classics like this:
The Grade II listed St Peters Arts Centre 😍😍
3. Preston Docks can be seriously stunning.
Especially in the evening.
4. And you’re always a pretty quick train journey away from places like this:
A quick train for us Northerners is anywhere under 2 hours.
5. The long walk to the gym is worth it because it’s FREE.
If you’re a student and you don’t love free stuff are you even a student?
6. We are home to a bit of KFC history.
Preston’s branch was the first ever KFC built outside of North America. Yes, really.
7. And Europe’s largest bus station*
*Up until recently… but we like to leave that bit out! You can still enjoy telling people though.
8. Cheap drinks in Roper Hall mean Mondays are brilliantly messy.
9. And no UCLan student can resist Warehouse.
Doesn’t look like much, but it’s four sticky floors of fun.
10. Your heart will always belong to Wednesdays at Evoque (formerly Lava & Ignite).
If you didn’t stop for a photo on the way in, did it even happen?
11. Not to mention 90p drinks at MACs.
UCLan nightlife is pretty lovable.
12. That moment when Whitendale residents visit Kopa friends for the first time…
Worlds apart. But we all know Whitendale is where the party is at.
13. You’re a true UCLan student once you’ve learnt to embrace the random weather.
Even the hail.
14. And the often chilly walk back home after a night out.
After all, we are in the North, and Preston feels like it has its own climate, but you get used to it.
15. The debate over what you call this bread item is intense 😂
16. Seriously intense.
Hundreds of varying northern accents + southerners coming to UCLan = trouble and hilarity.
17. You’re guaranteed to find a home in one of the many weird and wonderful societies we have to choose from.
Brewing Society, Disney Appreciation, Doctor Who Society and Harry Potter Society are all there to name a few.
18. And whoever you meet and whatever you study, you will love it.
Because UCLan is the best place to be. Fact.