18 Things That Have Definitely Made You Want To Vom If You Live In a Student House
Uni housemates are the best, but there’s a lot of grossness you have to look past.
1. Two words: Mysterious. Hairs.
How did they end up in my frozen peas?
2. And used tissues left lying around the house.
3. Dirty plates get left so long it smells like you’ll never be able to make them clean again.
So far uni has been good. Other than one problem… Have guys never heard of washing up o-o pic.twitter.com/KCLLNA1ee3
— Spookwah41 (@sekwah41) October 4, 2016
4. And you’re pretty sure one person hasn’t changed their bed sheets all year.
5. When someone doesn’t flush the shared toilet.
6. And you can’t work out just how long it’s been since anyone dared to properly clean it.
The longer you leave it, the worse it is.
7. Noticing the bath is filling up with water when you try to shower.
And then you see the mess of other people’s hair and shower product residue tangled in the plug hole.
8. Discovering someone is growing a whole ecosystem of fridge goo and mould in the kitchen.
What is this? MUST you?
9. And that people have been washing up communal things with dirty sponges.
How long has this been going on for?
10. Learning that leaky carrots are a thing.
I never knew they could do that. Ignorance was bliss.
11. Having to deal with the stalemate of bin jenga.
— Miranda Griffin (@MirandaJGriffin) May 18, 2016
12. Then the resulting bin juice when everything starts to decompose inside the bags.
I’m invoicing you all for a new pair of slippers.
13. And if you’re really unlucky, you’ll end up with rats or mice.
14. People leaving dirty clothes, shoes, and even underwear in communal areas.
In the name of decency, put your pants back in the drawer. Or, better yet, WASH THEM.
15. And getting used to people just picking out clothes from the washing pile to wear again.
Uni is the time for special levels of laziness.
16. Strange stains on the sofa.
I’m going to tell myself that’s Nutella. Please let it be Nutella…
17. And mould all over the walls.
I can feel myself getting ill just looking at it.
18. Watching your parents’ faces when they come to pick you up for the holidays.
It wasn’t me Mum, I swear.
And although you love uni, sometimes you can’t wait to be home and away from it all for a bit.