14 Signs You’re More Than Ready To Say Goodbye To Your Hometown
Longest summer ever?
1. Being back home has made you wonder how you managed to live like this your whole childhood.
This summer has made me feel like spending 18 years living with my parents was an amazing personal achievement
— Hannah (@HannahWall17) August 27, 2016
2. You hate going outside in case someone sees you.
Scarily accurate portrait of me this entire summer living with my parents in my hometown after years living away pic.twitter.com/KNcpdv9aU1
— madison (@agentscully666) June 19, 2015
3. You’re actually tired of having to be so damn clean all the time.
When you're back at home for summer and your parents ask you to help around the house… pic.twitter.com/D2LTGMNY0C
— Uni Bible (@TheUniBible) August 23, 2016
4. You thought you could just relax after a stressful year but your parents had other ideas.
when you are first day into the summer holidays and your parents annoy you to get a fucking job. i´m so done.
— Snert42 (@KaiDahlhaus) July 9, 2016
5. And you are so done with Brexit debates with family members.
Pretty sure my parents are still salty about the point in my life where I started having my own political beliefs & thoughts
— caitlyn (@sheepsgomeep) August 21, 2016
6. You need to live somewhere where you aren’t expected to be responsible.
“Your parents must be so happy to have you home for summer” https://t.co/yUtRioj8Y3
— Student Problems (@ProblemsAtUni) July 8, 2016
7. Because you’ve just been acting like a student all summer anyway.
When your parents think you a good noodle but they don't know what you've done this summer pic.twitter.com/UAp73gWEjI
— stephanie (@stephanie00mele) August 24, 2016
8. Even though when you go back you’ll be paying rent again, you know it will be worth it.
Trying to deal with your parents when you're back from uni over summer pic.twitter.com/6QJUQLRyrp
— Student Reacts (@student_reacts1) August 11, 2015
9. Because lectures about your life choices are not what you’re paying £9k a year for.
When your parents start lecturing you at home but you ignore them because the slides will be up later
— Student Problems (@ProblemsAtUni) July 26, 2016
10. You’ve had to fill out a questionnaire every time you wanted to do something.
What it's like being home for the summer and living with my parents again pic.twitter.com/2Npa20NVMF
— Jer (@JerrJerrr) June 23, 2016
11. And everyone is starting to realise that you’re only there for the food.
12. You want to be around people who ask you to go to the pub instead of, “shouldn’t you be working?”
my parents trying to force me to do summer reading pic.twitter.com/NDsmlyBFxJ
— yeetla (@kaylaidc) August 30, 2016
13. And who don’t give you grief for literally ~everything~ you do.
my parents pic.twitter.com/4UCNmTVjyo
— ♔ (@JustTeenGirIs) August 27, 2016
14. Basically, you’re just so ready to be a student again.
Waiting for the summer to end so you can go back to college and stop living with your parents pic.twitter.com/taSuUVSeRV
— Emily (@liymenello) June 29, 2015