23 Actual Fears We All Had Before Going To University For The First Time
You’re going to uni!! But what if you mess up??
1. Being too awkward to make any friends.
2. Having to live in shared accommodation.
Which was even worse if you had to share a bathroom.
The idea of possibly having to share a bathroom at uni honestly terrifies me
— El (@twnty_onepilots) July 25, 2016
3. And the fear that you won’t get on with your flatmates.
4. Or that you’ll be ridiculed for something stupid like your choice of pyjamas.
5. Not being able to find time for your friends at home.
6. And being too nervous initially to be yourself.
7. That nobody will share your sense of humour.
8. Or not being able to find people you have things in common with.
im so nervous for uni like what if everyone hates me and nobody likes me omg im so scared 😭
— ryan. (@itsryanwilks) February 2, 2016
9. Having to leave your comfort zone and adapt to a completely new place.
10. Ending up missing home no matter how desperate you were to get away.
11. The horrible social awkwardness of icebreakers and meeting new people.
“Whats your name? What course do you do? What A-levels did you get?”
12. And how you’ll even manage to survive as an independent human being.
how am I going to live independently at uni if I can't even have a drink without spilling it everywhere
— luce (@luceisneckdeep) July 20, 2016
13. Embarrassing yourself in Freshers’ Week and having a reputation for the rest of uni.
14. Not being able to do anything on your own.
There’s no one at uni to help with your washing.
15. Getting lost. Both around town and in the university itself.
getting to uni so early tomorrow bcus I'm so scared of getting lost and being late lmao
— rebecca (@becschafer) February 28, 2016