7 Things Job Hunting Graduates Are Tired of Hearing
Just don’t. We’ve heard it all before.
1. “You should have started sooner”
Whilst many were applying to grad schemes last year, you were just trying to get through your assignments and exams.
2. “You need to be in London”
Like it’s the only place in the world.
3. “You’re still living at home with your parents?”
Some just cannot understand how logical this actually is. It’s free, easy and the fridge is fully stocked.
4. “The job market is so competitive”
Seeing as you are right in the middle of searching through the job market, you came to this conclusion a while back.
5. “So, what did you actually do today?”
You cannot understate how much you hunted high and low for money, a career and a direction in life.
6. “That’s not a great starting salary”
Your perfect job may have a particularly low or non-existent salary for a while. It will get better, don’t let them crush your dream.
7. “But why can’t you come out this weekend?”
What about “I don’t have a job” do your friends not understand?