14 Things You’ll Know To Be True If You’re a Final Year Living In Halls
Living in halls when you’re a final year isn’t for everyone, so here are some things you’ll know to be true if you’re one of those who took the risk.
1. Feeling old when you start getting annoyed at how loud people in other flats are being.
2. But loving being able to sleep for longer because it only takes 5 minutes to walk to class.
3. Hearing your friends complain about their landlords and being glad you don’t have to worry about that.
If you go to uni stay in halls for 3 years cos moving into shitty landlord properties is more hassle than it's worth and they all con you
— michelle (@flipaflopa) February 2, 2017
4. And let’s be honest, you’re really enjoying having a cleaner.
really appreciate how my uni halls has cleaners into our rooms and kitchen everyday
— Charl (@charljamieson) September 18, 2013
5. Hating how slow the WiFi can be.
6. And how annoying the constant fire drills are.
7. Not forgetting exactly how paper-thin the walls are.
walls are so thin in halls that i just sneezed and my flat mate text me saying "bless you"
— CAITLIN✨ (@caitIinlynch) February 1, 2017
8. Not worrying too much about how much heating and electricity you use as it is included in your rent.
There’s no need to sit in the corner wrapped in 3 blankets like those who live in student housing.
9. Saving money on public transport because everything you need is on campus.
10. Not to mention the amount of money you’ll be saving overall.
Living in halls is often cheaper than getting a house. It just means you can splash more cash on a night out.
11. Enjoying getting the chance to make new friends.
Which is very unusual for final year students as they just hang around with the friends they made in previous years.
12. Although you do sometimes feel like this when talking to first years:
13. You’re basically spending another year preparing to live on your own when you’re just not ready to be an adult yet.
A pretty valid excuse, if you ask me.
— George Devereaux (@Geeedo) August 27, 2014
14. But you know exactly what to expect because you’ve done it all before.
And would do it all again.
Soooo upsetting clearing at my Uni room, I want to live in halls forever
— cassidy (@cassidyjadefox) June 4, 2016