14 Mistakes Every Warwick Fresher Will Make This Year
Here are just a few experiences that you’re bound to have now that you’re living in The Bubble.
1. Buying a Freshers’ Pass before you arrive and then never going to the SU again after the Welcome Party.
Once you’ve discovered the bright lights of Leamington Spa, the SU just doesn’t have the same appeal anymore.
2. And you’ll talk to everyone on your halls Facebook group before you arrive, and then never meet them in person because they live in a different block.
3. Someone will tell you to wake up for the 9am welcome talk on the very first Monday of term. You will immediately regret this.
You can still get a 2:1 without going to this, trust.
4. You’ll get off to a bad start and miss loads of uni, because Warwick insists on having lectures during Freshers’ Fortnight.
And “why can’t they just have a lecture-free Freshers’ Week like every other UK university?!” becomes your most popular topic of conversation with every other fresher you meet.
5. You will become best friends with a stranger at POP!, add them on Facebook and then avoid them for the rest of the year.
After one too many pints of purple, it happens.
6. At least once, you’ll buy all your pre-drinks at the overpriced Rootes Grocery Store on campus.
Just because you can’t be bothered to walk to Tesco.
7. You’ll go to Freshers’ Fair and sign up for every society, then end up being pestered by them for three years.
You probably won’t even stick to most of them.
8. If you live in Rootes, you will fall victim to the ‘Rootes Shopping’ epidemic.
Food will be taken from your fridge, it’s a rite of passage.
9. You’ll inevitably panic and decide to put a deposit down on your second year house in the last week of October.
Just don’t rush into choosing housemates because you will have to live with them for a year.
10. Or you’ll forget about finding second year housing all together, so you end up living above Kelsey’s.
Leamington isn’t the biggest place, so although you shouldn’t rush, you don’t want to leave it tooooo late…
11. You will go to Gatecrasher (now known as PRYZM) with the Uni Express, miss the bus back and end up stranded in Birmingham.
A taxi from Birmingham to Warwick University is £50 so you definitely want to be on that bus back.
12. You will forget how small the Warwick Bubble is and wonder how everyone knows that you got with that guy called Andrew.
13. But you’ll get lost in Leamington Spa during the daytime because you’ve only ever been there at night to go to Smack.
14. You won’t know which accommodation is Jack Martin and which is Arthur Vick… even after you’ve graduated.
Don’t trust anyone who tells you they are different.
But if you don’t make these mistakes, are you even a fresher?