17 Things You’ll Definitely Understand If You Have a Serious Procrastination Problem
You really do put the ‘pro’ in procrastination.
1. Cleaning the house in ways more thorough than you ever knew you could, even though you usually live in filth.
2. Becoming an enabler for yourself to the point where you have zero discipline.
3. Passing most of your time on social media.
Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Tumblr, Reddit, YouTube… Take your pick.
Procrastinating this assignment so much, I've ended up on a Facebook meme page themed around houmous…
— z (@zoe_bro) January 31, 2017
4. Going so far as to close the tab, sigh, and then reopen it.
5. Discovering a new Youtuber and decide that you absolutely have to watch all 97 of their videos right this second.
6. Assuring yourself that you let yourself get to this point because you “need pressure to work”.
Now the pressure is too much and you can’t focus at all.
7. Wondering even now if you actually need to be doing this assignment two nights before the deadline.
2 nights is pretty early – maybe you could give it another night? Or at least 12 hours?
8. Opening Netflix and assuring yourself that you can watch just one episode, knong full well you can’t.
The Walking Dead marathon, here I come.
9. Deliberately picking really elaborate meals to make to string out dinner time.
I regret nothing about spending an hour cooking an elaborate meal for myself
— Sarah Bratton (@SarahBrat10) January 29, 2017
10. Constantly believing that as long as the book is open, you’re working.
Even when you’re actually not.
Word : STUDY
Synonym : The art of Eating, Texting and Sleeping with an open Book nearby…😂😂
— DOCTOR 💉💊 (@am_ansarii) November 24, 2016
11. Telling yourself last week that you had no money to do things, but it’s no object now.
Shopping spree, night out with your mates… Anything can happen.
12. Suddenly realising you haven’t played a game on your phone in a good while.
I wonder how far I can get on Candy Crush with only 5 lives?
13. Deciding to read some conspiracy theories, because why not?
Dinosaurs helped build the Egyptian Pyramids?
14. Looking up tutorials on how to do things you’ll never, ever need to do.
When are you ever going to tie an anchor bend knot?