19 Things Every Business Studies Student Knows To Be True
Getting to do the SWOT analysis in a group project > everything else.
1. You probably chose Business Studies because you had no idea what to do at uni.
2. And now International Business and Economics students all think they’re better than you.
We have more fun though.
3. There are a lot of international students on the course, which everyone hopes is an opportunity to broaden their social circle.
4. But that never really happens.
5. Placement year applications are a nightmare.
6. And you know you have to do it all again when you graduate.
7. Your friends came back from their placement year with useful contacts.
Some probably even landed a grad job.
8. And all you got to do was type some stuff into a computer.
9. Most of the lectures are impossible to understand.
But apparently that doesn’t get you mitigating circumstances.
10. And you realise most of the stuff you learn is common sense, the problem is finding theories to back it up.
Yay. Theories. Fun times.
11. Everyone hates the important modules.
Like Finance and Accounting…
12. But everyone wants to do the SWOT analysis in their group project.
13. You’ve learnt to smile and nod when lecturers say you should be checking the news every day for business and technology trends.
Twitter and Facebook count, right?
14. Anyone who takes an Entrepreneurship module hopes it will teach them how to succeed in business.
15. But in reality no one will buy anything off of you except your family and friends.
16. You will never look at certain companies the same way after having to analyse them.
17. And you can’t help but look at marketing campaigns and think about how you would do them differently.
Everywhere you go.
18. When you start applying for grad jobs all anyone wants to talk about is your leadership experience.
19. But at least you know you’ve got slightly more chance of getting hired than people who did other subjects.
Love you really, Business Studies.