28 Everyday Struggles All Unorganised Students Have To Endure
Like the colour of your eyes, the ability to be organised is something other people are just born with, right?
Or so you tell yourself, when you are dealing with life like you’re genetically programmed to be the most unorganised student on the planet..
1. That feeling of intense frustration when you can’t find your keys.
2. Because you use your bag as your personal bin.
3. Meaning you spend twenty minutes on your door step digging through layers of old receipts, bus tickets, lecture notes and chocolate wrappers trying to find them.
4. Until you realise that they are actually in your coat pocket.
5. Which somehow has a giant hole in it.
6. Meaning you have to resort to uncomfortable acts of body contortion trying to find it.
7. Which is happening whilst you are desperate for a pee.
Because at the same time you got to your front door, your bladder also all of a sudden felt fit to burst.
8. One mini panic attack and a trickle of wee down your leg later, you manage to find your key.
9. You reassure yourself that this won’t happen again, as you vow to become more organised.
10. Although of course it does, and you’ve lost it for real this time.
11. This sets in another feeling of panic and dread, because a fellow house mate now has to let you in.
12. Which would be okay if it hadn’t happened several times before.
13. At early hours in the morning.
14. Similarly, you always struggle to find your card.
15. Because although you have a purse/wallet, you choose never to use it.
16. Meaning you’ve been through many long-winded phone calls with your bank.
Who tell you you will have to go to them to withdraw money until your new card arrives, which takes 5-7 working days.
17. It would take less if it wasn’t sent to your home address first.
But of course you didn’t update the bank when you moved into student housing.
18. Sometimes you forget the bank’s opening and closing hours.
Meaning you have no choice on a Sunday but to stay in the house all day starving and crying.
19. Another problem is the state of your work folders.
Which are a constant over-buldging mess.
20. Meaning it takes you a good ten minutes of sifting through them at the start of each seminar to find the notes you need.
21. This attracts unnecessary and unwanted attention that you have already gained from being late.
22. And for arriving to your class in a sweaty, flustered mess.
23. You have problems with your digital organisation as well.
And save all your work like this.
24. So when it comes to submitting an essay you are in constant fear of sending the wrong one.
25. Especially because for some reason you seem to do everything last minute.
And are in a constant race against the clock to hand in your work on time.
26. The same goes for paying your bills.
They were due yesterday.
27. And catching your bus.
It just drove past you.
28. Though the biggest struggle of all is the constant need to defend yourself.
Other people just don’t understand.