20 Times Michelle Tanner From ‘Full House’ Summed Up University Life
Michelle may have been a kid on the show, but she seems to sum up uni life well…
1. You arrive at university in your best outfit, ready to impress.
This is the beginning of the best years of your life and you are so ready for it.
2. For the first time ever, you attempt to cook a meal straight from scratch.
And you realise that cooking is definitely not for you. Where are you when I need you, mum?
3. You accept that junk food will make up the majority of your diet for the entirety of your degree.
And you’re totally okay with that. Did someone say ice cream for dinner… Again?
4. The only exception to this is when you go home for the holidays.
Those few weeks are solely dedicated to feasting on home-cooked deliciousness.
5. By the end of Freshers’ Week, you’re getting comfortable with your new flatmates.
And you no longer feel the need to nicely let all their annoying habits slide by without saying anything. Time to start washing your own dishes, people!
6. You’ll have your first real day of lectures and be knackered by the end.
7. So much so that you’ll have to sprint into uni because you woke up late.
Well, you’ve now been late for 5 lectures in a row, and will probably continue to do so for the rest of the term.
8. And be horrified when you meet students who actually go and talk to the lecturers in their free time to discuss work.
Meanwhile, you spend three years sitting in the back of the class, hoping the lecturers won’t notice you.
9. After weeks of sitting in silence, your seminar leader finally asks how often you actually do the set reading.
Should you be honest with them? Probably not!
10. At the end of each semester, you psych yourself up for an exam that you only spent a few days revising for.
It’ll all come back to you when you start, right?
11. After finishing your exams, you accept that you have definitely failed and will have to quit university.
Well, I’m sure I didn’t really need a degree any way.
12. And know the perfect – and truthful – thing to say to your parents when they ask how the papers went.
13. You will feel relieved when you get your results back and realise that, despite all odds, you’ve done a decent job.
Maybe only a few days of revision was all you needed after all… You’re a genius!
14. Throughout your degree, adults will ask if you know how much debt you’re going to graduate with.
Yes, we are quite aware, thank you.
15. But you feel guilty for spending so much of your student loan sometimes.
Everyone needs nice clothes, food, and alcohol, correct?
16. There will be nights that feature some questionable dance moves.
You better hope that you don’t appear on too many Snapchat stories…
17. Or times when you aren’t looking your best at all.
18. After each night out, you can’t wait to see what ridiculous thing your flatmates have brought home.
Will it be a road sign? Or maybe another traffic cone? There are so many possibilities!
19. As the end of university approaches, people ask if you feel ready to graduate.
My tears should tell you the answer.
20. Finally, graduation day comes along, and your emotions are a mess.
One thing you’re sure of, however, is that you had the time of your life, made some awesome friends, did some pretty cool things, and actually got a degree out of it!