18 RuPaul’s Drag Race Reactions You’ll Recognise If You’re Currently Writing Your Dissertation
It turns out writing a dissertation is a lot like being on RuPaul’s Drag Race.
1. When someone dares to ask how your dissertation is going.
It may have been the most innocent of questions but actually asking it is the biggest sin.
2. The face you pull when people openly brag about how much work they’ve done.
Nothing is more annoying than an incessant show off.
3. When you get an email from your tutor asking for updates.
They’re just doing their job, right?
4. How excited and proud you are when you actually sit down and do something.
Ten words is still ten words more than three hours ago…
5. When you find out someone’s doing a similar topic to you.
It’s bound to happen that you run into someone who is doing something similar, but yours will always be better.
6. Or when you receive some really unhelpful feedback from your tutor.
Thank you so much.
7. When someone recalls a book you’ve taken out that’s vital to your entire dissertation.
You’ve made everything so much harder for me.
8. You exact face after spending a whole day working on it and then realising the word count has barely changed.
9. Or when someone tries to make you feel better by saying things like “it’s all going to be fine.”
10. When you hit a brick wall with your research and wonder if it’s not too late to change your topic.
It happens to all of us.
11. And how you decide to proceed from there onward.
You’ve got to do what you’ve got to do.
12. Getting much needed supplies in like:
13. Literally you sprinkling as many references as you can into each section to help reach that word count.
Some of them are tenuously relevant but, at this stage, it really doesn’t matter.
14. How you feel when you finally complete a first draft.
You truly believe you have created a work of art.
15. And how you feel when you read through it properly.
16. When you realise you still have the bibliography to sort out.
17. Actually you deciding there’s nothing more you can do with it.
Just go print it and get it bound. What’s done is done.
18. And finally, you after going to hand it in.
You’ve never been so glad to see the back something. Ever.