17 Things You’ll Understand If Your Best Friend Goes To a Different University
Absence really does make the heart grow fonder…
1. The first goodbye is always the hardest.
You promise to send letters like chic pen pals (and actually end up sending 30 snapchats a day).
2. You compare your rooms over FaceTime.
And pick out exactly where you’re going to sleep when you visit each other.
3. And your craziest university experience.
It can get a bit competitive.
4. You’ve got loads of pictures of them stuck to your wall.
Hashtag cuuute! (And then you wonder if it’s a bit creepy.)
5. You stalk their Freshers’ pictures for the perfect mugshot.
Saving your BFF’s most embarrassing moments to your phone for future reference is a loving sentiment.
6. You’re lowkey jealous of their housemates.
They take living with your best friend for granted.
7. There’s a flare of envy whenever one of their new friends calls them their “best mate”.
There can only be one!
8. But you also get to hear all the gossip of their friend group.
You know the life stories of all of their flatmates (and you have a favourite).
9. In your own friend group, you make jokes that only your BFF would get.
Everyone else totally judges you for it, but it just makes you feel sad and long for them even more.
10. You realise you can’t borrow their clothes whenever you want to anymore.
What are you going to wear out now?!
11. You make drunk calls, crying and complaining about how much you miss each other.
Going out with other people just isn’t the same.
12. And finding the time to meet up with each other can feel impossible.
13. So you literally have a countdown to your next reunion.
Yep, you download that countdown app with zero regrets. It feels like ages since you’ve seen each other.
14. You share dubious ways to save money.
And end up broke after a night out anyway (soz not soz, the cheesy chips were worth it).
15. You’re constantly dreaming about going to each others’ graduation and living together afterwards.
You could literally spend hours on end arguing over furniture for your imaginary flat.
16. If you’re across the country from them, you start using slang that they just won’t understand.
The North-South divide is real.
17. But at the end of the day, distance has nothing on your best-friend-forever-ship 💕
If anything, going to different universities actually makes your friendship stronger.