15 Things That Happen When You Have a Weird Crush On Your Tutor
University life is a whirlwind of emotions as it is… Now add an intense crush on your tutor into this whirlwind, and any of the following may happen.
1. The first time you ever hear them speak, you can’t help but stare.
This is where it all began.
2. Every time you walk into their seminar, you do this…
Surely they’ve noticed that gaze of admiration by now?
3. When they ask for your opinion on something in a seminar, you want to look passionate about their subject and so you make your point with extreme vigour.
Passionate about the subject, or the tutor… Is there a difference really?
4. If someone disagrees with what the tutor says, you swiftly move in to put them down a peg or two.
Get this negative energy away from Tutor-Bae.
5. The pain when you see your tutor in the outside world and they don’t notice you.
You are beyond heartbroken. This was the perfect chance for your relationship to blossom.
6. Or you get your assignment back, so ready to read all of the thoughtful things your tutor must have written about your work, but they have only written ‘good’.
Maybe they just don’t want to give too much away about their feelings.
When all your draft essay feedback says is: good, I have no concerns here.. that's not much help Hun😒
— Alisha.. (@alishadannx) January 29, 2017
7. One of your flatmates has the same tutor for another seminar, and doesn’t understand your crush on them.
This tutor is a dreamboat. Your flatmate is blind.
8. You find out that the tutor is sick, and another one (who you do not have a crush on) will be taking the seminar this week.
Is there even any point in you being there without Tutor-Love?
9. When the time comes for you to do your presentation, you look at the tutor like this.
Time to blow them away with your preparation and nuanced argument.
10. The tutor says that your presentation was well-thought-out and organised.
Finally! The recognition you’ve waited so long for.
11. You try to say something clever, only for the tutor to respond with “Um no, that’s not quite right”.
Why do i always embarrass myself and say stupid stuff around my crush
— . (@0dpd73i) January 30, 2017
12. Your friends seem to forget that love conquers all when they repeatedly tell you how you and your tutor will never be together.
Codes of Conduct and other restrictions are just obstacles that your love will undoubtedly overcome.
13. You see your tutor on campus when you’re hungover and un-showered and try to hide.
This is so less than ideal.
14. Your tutor sends you an email saying they know how hard you have tried this semester and that you don’t need to worry about the final exam.
This is the perfect level of support needed from a loved one.
15. You find out that your tutor is married to another, even more beautiful tutor, who works in the neighbouring department so you finally give up.
But they will always have that special place in your heart.
Maybe you’ll find an even cuter tutor next year…