21 Reasons Why Lancaster University Is The Best Place To Be a Student
Everyone thinks their university is the best. But unless you’re a student at Lancaster, here’s why you’re wrong.
1. There’s a collegiate system.
The people in your college are your family and your college is always the best.
2. And there’s also an army of ducks.
Seeing the ducks walking down the Spine is the only thing that can slightly improve the walk to your 9am, if anything.
3. The sports teams within the college are ideal for showing college pride.
Lonsdale or County – everyone only hates you because you win everything.
4. There’s an insane number of societies to join.
There are so many clubs and societies that I want to join at uni that I probably won't have time for my actual studies😂😂
— What's Your Damage? (@ItsMe_Anya_) August 19, 2016
5. It’s close to Hustle.
The worst, sweatiest place on earth. But the best place at the same time.
Been waiting so long to go home, but I'd rather be in Lancaster tbh i miss Hustle
— b a r m c a k e (@johnclayton_JFC) December 21, 2016
6. And you can get triples for a dangerously cheap price in Bentley’s.
Vile, but good nonetheless.
7. The Townhouses are always great.
Great for house parties, great for bonding and great for secret sharing.
8. The uni is the better half of Roses.
The rivalry between us and York reaches all new levels when Roses comes around.
9. There’s a Greggs right in the middle of campus.
10. Cocktails at Grizedale Bar provide the perfect excuse for day-drinking.
11. A Bowland pie is never far away.
And they are heavenly, after all.
12. The Pancake Man and Cake Man are there for you every Thursday at the Farmer’s Market.
13. You can get anywhere in Lancaster city within only ten minutes.
Not too big, but not too small.
14. Including to a karaoke bar.
*cough cough* Doltan’s Monday Karaoke.
15. It’s a top ten university.
Bet you’ve never heard that before…
16. There’s the option to do a major and a minor in first year.
17. Journeys on the Sugar Bus are always great.
“There were five on the back seat of the bus…”
The bus chants were on point last night 🔥🍻🍻
— Jack wardrop (@Jack_War99) November 19, 2016
18. There are several really pretty places nearby.
Williamson Park is too cute.
19. Although you don’t actually have to leave campus to get close to nature.
20. Those rare times when the sun comes out are a real spectacle.
It may not happen often, but when it does… Lancaster University becomes the best place you’ve ever seen.