15 Things Every University of Reading Student Knows To Be True
You can never say no to drinks at Park Bar.
1. Fondly remembering the days when you told yourself you’d be popping in to London all the time only to realise you’re way too poor to do that.
It just isn’t fair.
2. The Minghella building is basically just a giant mirror to check yourself out in.
Here’s a fun game: sit inside one day and count how many people do the strut.
3. Forgetting to renew your library books and getting slapped with a huge fine.
And it seems to increase every minute before you pay it.
4. Having to mark your seat in the library with your books while you get a drink to keep your space.
Otherwise you’ll be wandering around the same floor for an hour.
5. Speaking of, you either splash all your cash on coffee because of the numerous cafés on campus…
It would be rude not to, and you can justify it as powering you through your studying.
6. Or you spend it in Bagel Man – need I say more?
Dear Baegel Man, please bestow upon us your delicious, carb-based heaven…
7. You’ll somehow still get lost in the HumSS building however long you’ve been at Reading.
It’s like a maze in there.
8. Just as you’ll have to Usain Bolt it across campus every time you have a lecture in Agriculture.
This is a real test of fitness.
9. Honestly contemplating if your lecture is really worth crossing paths with an angry goose.
They have teeth, for god’s sake.
10. Moving away from the Co-op area and realising you never appreciated it as much as you should’ve.
All you want is a family size bag of Doritos and some chocolate.
11. Absolutely loving every aspect of Café Yolk, our tiny wonder.
And the heartbreak when all the tables are full.
12. Hearing the fire alarm always go off at inconvenient times.
Cue heart attack.
13. Going back in to Mondial’s and having horrifying flashbacks of yesterday’s union night.
It never feels quite the same.
14. Or heading into Park Bar for “a few quiet drinks”, but ending the night with your head in a toilet.
There’s no such thing as a quiet night at Park Bar.
15. And knowing that, no matter what, Uni Grill will always be there for you at the end of the night.
It’s like a right of passage – get the chilli cheese fries and you’ll understand.