16 Things Every First Year University of Worcester Student Has Learnt By Now
If you’re a first year student at the University of Worcester, here are some things you’ve definitely learnt by now.
1. Worcester city centre is actually a lot smaller than you thought.
Once you’ve been from Maccies to Zizzi’s, you’ve pretty much seen the main bits.
2. The library is pointlessly weird.
Does it really need to be so gold?
3. Tramp’s is a lot more expensive than you’d think.
drinks in tramps are sooo expensive, can see why I don't go out in Worcester on the weekend😂✊🏻
— jessy-lee barnett (@jessyleebarnett) September 27, 2015
4. But it really is a pretty great night…
Even though their foam parties are sometimes a little scary.
5. Freshers’ Fair was basically just an opportunity to grab all the freebies and run.
6. The little Co-op in St John’s is a lifesaver.
Hangovers are almost instantly cured.
7. Not going to the inductions in those random buildings near Riverside hasn’t impacted your ability to settle in whatsoever.
8. If you’re living in AE Houseman or Elizabeth Barrett halls you’re basically living like royalty.
But it comes at cost.
9. The swans are definitely in charge.
10. Driving in Worcester is an actual nightmare.
Driving the streets of Worcester is the closest you can get to driving in a third world country
— Dan Whittenburg (@Dwhittenburg25) January 20, 2017
11. The loss of Berry’s is a tragedy people may never recover from.
12. Snakebites are a must whilst drinking in the SU bar.
It’s just basic university etiquette.
Can't do my uni work because I keep thinking about all the snakebites I'm gonna drink later 😏
— Brodie Whiteley (@brodiewhiteley) January 12, 2017
13. A parking permit for uni may cost you your liver.
14. SOLE is your enemy.
Especially when you have an essay to submit.
15. The Malvern Hills are much higher than they look.
16. But most of all, you’ve learnt that you made the right choice by coming here.
Giant gold library and impossible driving system aside.