20 Things You Can Expect To Happen In Your Last Few Months of Being a Student
Life is suddenly on fast-forward.
1. The time suddenly seems to speed up.
final year is going way too fast, i'm not ready for real life yet
— Sayeda (@iamclingyy) November 13, 2015
2. And you become excruciatingly aware of how close the future is.
Assignment deadlines coming @ me like pic.twitter.com/E1ic32zN3J
— jo🌸 (@jordanbreanne14) February 27, 2017
3. Every lecture is a brutal reminder that you’re nearing the end of your time at university.
4. And you keep realising that you’re about to do things for the last time.
5. Nights out are toned down so much that they barely exist now.
6. And your every thought becomes consumed by your dissertation.
7. Or upcoming exams.
8. You start to reminisce about the last few years of uni and how much has changed.
Cheesy but true.
9. And prematurely panic about getting a job.
10. You discover the irony of how many vacancies there are for graduate recruitment consultants.
11. And are horrified to hear that some people on your course are already sorted for a graduate job.
12. The worry sets in about how you’re going to deal with moving back home.
13. And you regret not working harder in your first and second year.
You could’ve been so much closer to a first than you are right now…
14. You feel as though you’ve never been less ready for adult life.
15. And doubt creeps in about what you’re actually going to do with your degree.
16. Not that this stops you from considering doing a Master’s.
17. The realisation that you’ll soon be parted from your uni friends becomes too much to deal with.
*Cries into drink*
18. You’re in a permanent state of disbelief that you’ve actually made it this far.
How are there only three months left until I move out of uni, I'M NOT READY TO GO 😭😭😭😭
— Julia Canavan (@JuliaCanav) March 1, 2016
19. Although you realise it’s come at a price.
First year uni students vs final year uni students pic.twitter.com/jFfcR5HzOr
— ㅤ (@BlxckGoku) April 25, 2015