18 Struggles You’ll Only Recognise If You Got Your Old Job Back After Uni
If you got your old job back after graduating, you’ll probably recongise the following struggles.
1. The pain of realising you’re going to have to crawl back to ask for your old job until you find another.
But also make it seem like you’re really committed to returning to the role, of course.
2. Especially when you have no guarantee of how long that will be.
A prospect that doesn’t sit well with you at all.
3. Having to stand there as your old boss gives you the smirk that says they’re not surprised to see you.
4. And then receive the same look from all your old colleagues.
5. Hearing a never ending chorus of “We knew you’d be back”.
6. Or “Don’t think you’re better than us just because you have a degree now lol!”
7. And: “Well, at least you’re putting your degree to good use, right?”
8. The confusion when a customer recognises you and says: “Oh, you’re back!”
9. And the rage when a new employee treats you as if you don’t know what you’re doing.
10. Trying to hide whenever you see someone you know.
Or worse, someone your mum knows.
11. And practising your excuses for whenever hiding doesn’t work.
“Oh, yeah…no, I’m just here as a customer…in uniform…”
12. Having to resist the temptation to tell anyone who patronises you that you have a degree.
13. And not being able to understand how the playlist doesn’t seem to have changed at all since you last worked there.
14. Finding it almost impossible to feign any motivation whatsoever.
To colleagues and customers alike.
Live look in at me at work: pic.twitter.com/8jxX3Qbo9w
— SafetyLitesR4Dudes (@GeekMisconduct) November 2, 2016
15. While also trying to stay optimistic that you haven’t just trapped yourself in a stopgap job forever.
Especially when you often end up too tired to job hunt at the end of your shifts.