16 Things Everyone Who Studies Psychology at University Will Understand
Thank you, PsychNET.
1. People thinking Psychology is an easy degree.
Have you seen some of the things we actually have to study?
2. Not to mention the whole “Psychology isn’t a real science” debate.
Tell me that again after you’ve read some of our research papers.
3. PsychNET is your ultimate saviour.
All hail PsychNET and their advance searches.
4. And that feeling when the article you want is available.
5. However that all goes away when an article you need isn’t available and you have to pay £40 for it.
6. Speaking of research, how’s your participant recruitment coming along?
Don’t forget to stick to the BPS guidelines. ☺️☺️
7. Realising you might actually have to read 40+ articles for your lit review.
8. Having to choose between qualitative or quantitative methodology.
Is neither a viable option?
9. Choose quantitative and you have to deal with SPSS.
10. And pray that any data will produce significant results.
Please let P<.05 🙏🙏🙏
11. So you think qualitative is the easy route.
Until you have to transcribe and thematically analyse 10+ scripts.
12. When people automatically assume you can read their minds.
13. Talking of people, Bowlby and his colleagues make you question every single attachment you have ever formed.
14. There’s no such thing as a light-hearted lecture.
9am on a Monday morning? Let’s talk about Freud and how you weren’t loved enough as a child