14 Things That Are Way Too Easy To Waste Your Student Loan On At University
Wasting your student loan on things is easily done at university. Too easily done, in fact.
1. Weekly shops that only keep you going until the end of predrinks.
Just your average student weekly shop pic.twitter.com/ZhXWHqecse
— LAURA ATKINSON (@laura_atkinson_) October 10, 2014
2. And huge online shops that only result in you buying everything but the stuff you actually need.
The stress of uni has led me to online shop… with money I don't really have 😩😂
— Stacey (@staceyhillyard) March 10, 2016
3. Which means that you basically live off pre-lecture coffee.
Someone stop me from buying coffee at uni and I think my bank balance might scrape through on the correct side of my overdraft this month
— Katie (@katiebowen97) November 26, 2015
4. And post-lecture meal deals.
5. But most of all means that pizza happens. A lot.
Do you have a cupboard full of food? Yes. Are you still going to splash out £20 you don’t have on Domino’s? Yes.
Being a student is buying a large dominos pizza and then feeling guilty cos it's expensive so you ration it out to last you 4 days
— fin (@mojavewaste) December 5, 2015
6. Books on your reading list that it turns out you don’t actually need to read.
Why are there so many of them and why are they all so expensive?
7. And that gym membership you only used that one time.
8. All those times you had to top up that laundry card in first year.
doing laundry at uni has the be the biggest waste of time/money, might just start wearing bin bags
— Caitlin (@CaitlinRoselle) February 12, 2016
9. And all those societies you paid to join in Fresher’s Week that you still haven’t actually interacted with.
10. Endless cans of energy drinks when you could just opt for the free alternative of sleep.
11. And prescriptions for every time you fall ill because you’re not looking after yourself.
Despite what you keep telling your mum.
The only thing uni has done for me is made me ill, stressed, and poor af
— Jonathan From Church (@_FishyJonny_) February 22, 2016
12. Unnecessary amounts of stationary.
Mostly because your lecture notes often helpfully look like this:
great notes from my creative writing lecture today . learnt a lot pic.twitter.com/w2N44J61tZ
— elena (@avoirtort) February 11, 2016
13. Student shopping events that only encourage you to spend even more than you normally would.
just spent money I don't have on stuff I don't need at a stupid student lock in
— lulu (@lucieblair) March 1, 2016
14. And student drinks offers that lead you to spend and drink way more than you probably should.