20 Things You’re Definitely Not Going To Miss About Living In Halls
If you’ve been living in halls this year, there’s a very good chance you’ll be looking forward to not having to deal with things like these for very much longer…
1. Literally never ever getting a quiet night’s sleep.
Especially if you’re a fresher.
2. And early morning fire drills.
Unannounced fire drill in halls at half 7 this morning 🙃
— ♡ jessica therese ♡ (@Jess_lalalala) October 4, 2016
3. Having to use the stairs because the lift is never working.
And that’s if you even have one.
4. The fact that the big supermarkets are an absolute trek away.
A trek that usually involves a hill or two.
5. And that the heating seems to be non-existent.
6. But not as non-existent as the WiFi, of course.
Halls wifi is tragic
— Soph (@bookthi3f) May 9, 2017
7. Discovering one of your flatmates has broken something and that you’ll probably also lose your deposit for it.
8. Having the back troubles of an eighty year old because of the desk chairs.
9. Needing to clean your flat before the cleaner arrives because it’s too dirty to be cleaned.
First world problems, eh?
10. Endless arguments about whose turn it is to buy more toilet roll or washing up liquid.
How hard it is to just replace it when you’re the last one to use it up?
11. And being a player in the game of bin jenga whether you wanted to be or not.
Think my flat are playing bin jenga to see who has to take it out pic.twitter.com/z4DWtFzU1T
— Rob Munro (@robmunro111) February 25, 2017
12. Never having enough room in the cupboards or the fridge.
13. Discovering someone has helped themselves to your food. Again.
14. Or getting back after the holidays to find things growing in the fridge.
I can not cope any longer sharing a fridge in halls😡
— Sarah (@asdfghjklGreeny) May 9, 2017
15. The fact that passive aggressive communication seems to be the only form of communication.
16. And the only post you get is either not for you or a flyer for something you have no interest in.
17. How thin the walls are.
Walls in my halls are actually that thin I can hear the guy above me weeing🙃🙃
— alex (@alexjasper17) May 10, 2017
18. And how expensive it is to wash your clothes.
19. Having to pretend to care about inter-halls rivalry.
20. And finally, the stress of worrying that you actually might get in trouble for all those traffic cones you’ve accumulated over the last year.