9 Ways The Internet Has Changed The Way We Travel
Travelling in the 21st Century is a lot smarter, safer and more informed than every before. With smartphones and internet access pretty much everywhere, some things just aren’t the same as they used to be.
1. It so easy to keep in touch with friends and family back home through Skype, Facebook or a blog.
2. But then everyone is on the free wifi and no one is talking to the people around them
3. You can read hostel reviews online so you know what to expect before you arrive and don’t end up disappointed.
4. You can keep in touch with all the new friends you make
5. But when you are home and you see all the photos of them still travelling it makes you want to do this
6. It’s easier to find out about places you would never have known about otherwise
7. But you loose that sense of adventure of discovering a new place on your own and can sometimes end up a little unimpressed
8. You can keep up with your finances with online banking so you never have to make that awkward phone call home asking for more money.
9. And finally, the worst change of all. No one sends postcards any more.
It just isn’t the same.