14 Things Only University of Leicester Students Will Understand
Richard III and Shabang! It’s got to be Leicester.
1. Your social life revolves around Wednesdays at Red Leicester, now known as Let’s Disco, and Fridays at Shabang!
2. Once ushered out of Oadby, Clarendon Park is the place to live.
3. You will never find a better method of travelling between the floors of a building than the Paternoster.
4. No matter how hard you try, you can’t quite see how the Engineering building looks like a ship at sea.
5. The rivalry between UoL and DMU only seems to exist on those few weeks when varsity competitions and matches are happening.
The rest of the time we’re far too lazy to care.
6. Vicky Park is a wonderful place… in the daytime.
7. Queens Hall is to be avoided at all costs on the day of the Freshers’ Fair unless you know exactly what you are looking for.
8. There is nothing worse for a humanities student than hearing that the paternoster is broken on deadline day.
Hello thighs of steel.
9. Dominos on London road is a gift from the Gods. Especially when doing an all-nighter.
10. Hating the fact that you have to get the 80 or 80A into uni in your first year and then getting nostalgic every time you see it in your final year.
11. For the majority of the student body, graduation day will be the first time you set foot in De Montfort Hall.
And what a glorious day it will be.