17 Things You Probably Won’t Miss About Studying at The University of Manchester
Some things you’ll miss. Other things? Yeah, not so much.
1. Oxford Road.
Or should I say Oxford Roadworks?
2. The student halls.
Let’s be honest, there are cosier looking prison cells.
3. The Manchester Academy campers.
It’s nine in the morning – go home!
4. Having to guard your annual bus pass with your life.
Cannot. Afford. To. Replace.
5. NEVER finding a computer in the Ali G even after circling all 3 floors several times.
I mean they could’ve fit way more in if they hadn’t designed it like a square doughnut but whatever.
6. Seeing people lock their computer in the library and waltz off for literally hours.
7. Being so close to so many fast food places while simultaneously trying to save your student loan.
Subway: my one true weakness. Also McDonald’s. Also Greggs.
8. Becoming a part-time athlete during the 10 minute dash between lectures on opposite sides of campus.
9. The UoM vs. MMU rivalry.
10. And the North vs. South rivalry.
11. Being on the bus, picking a person walking down the Curry Mile and seeing how many times they overtake you.
12. Updating your friends about the most recent crime that happened near your accommodation.
13. Thinking about the meals you could be having back home as you cry into your Super Noodles.
I don’t need fancy spices. The tears add flavour.
14. Queuing for 72 hours in Archies.
15. And not being able to get a good night’s sleep for the entirety of your degree.
Eye bags on point.
16. Being scared half to death by this guy when you’re walking up Oxford Road.
17. And having to spend every day there knowing you’ll one day have to graduate and leave.