15 Things You’ll Only Understand If You’re a Vegan University Student
There are some things only vegan university students can understand. Here are 15 of them.
1. Let’s face it, being a vegan is a bit of a conversation starter.
It’s no secret that we love to spread the vegan love.
2. Although people often like to assume you’re only doing it as a fad.
“Isn’t everyone going vegan at uni these days?” “You’ll give it up soon enough.”
3. Before telling you they couldn’t commit to being vegan even if they wanted to.
4. And sort of implying that you’re missing out on having a proper uni experience.
5. You always have the best fridge space.
SO MUCH GREEN.
6. And it’s highly unlikely anyone will steal your food.
Apparently students are allergic to vegetables.
7. Although you do enjoy tricking them into eating something they didn’t realise was vegan.
8. You can avoid being a suspect for the majority of housemate food crimes.
“Someone ate your pizza? Did it have cheese on it? Then it wasn’t me.” 🤗
9. And you also find yourself managing to save a huge amount of money.
In spite of everyone assuming it’s a more expensive way of living.
10. Frequently being asked: “Are you sure you can eat that?”
Especially when you get a takeaway.
11. And always having a good excuse to get out of any social gatherings you don’t want to go to.
“Will there be a vegan option on the menu? No? Shame.”
12. As well as the perfect excuse to go to others.
As if my uni are giving the vegan society £200 to go for dinner tonight, woi woiiiii🌱🤑💚
— ols (@OliOlimata) January 21, 2017
13. You usually have way more energy than your non-vegan friends when it comes to all-nighters.
14. And nothing pleases you more than getting student discount for vegan festivals.
All of the perks.
15. Except knowing that you’re helping the planet and educating your generation, of course.
All while living the uni life to the full. 💚