16 Signs You’re Definitely No Longer a First Year
Swanning into second, you think it’s going to be an absolute breeze. Quite the opposite, actually…
1. You rarely have any energy these days.
Sleeping in lectures is the new cool.
2. And motivation for pretty much everything has become a real issue.
Am now so busy I have to schedule "rest hours" #secondyear
— Clancy Ryan (@clancyjessryan) February 6, 2017
3. You’ve stopped even trying to look presentable.
Instead, you’ve mastered the ‘Straight Outta Bed’ look.
4. And you can no longer get away with the classic ”I’m ill” email.
You have to actually go to lectures and learn. Ugh. Nightmare.
5. Gone are the days where leave an essay ’til the day it’s due with minimal stress.
Can’t be about that life anymore.
6. And you panic often about how every single mark goes towards your degree now.
7. Your lecturers are clearly expecting you to know how to do independent research now.
8. And you’ve begun to understand why people are starting to drop out like flies.
Can I just get my loan and leave plz.
9. Nights out almost feel like an endangered species.
Staying in is the new going out.
10. And if you do go out, you find yourself stressing about work.
I just came here to have a good time. 😩
11. You’ve accepted that you just can’t survive off beans and toast like you did as a Fresher.
Well, you can, but you know you shouldn’t now.
12. And you’ve stopped flinching when you see you’re back in your overdraft again.
If you ever made it out of there, of course. 😅
13. You’ve discovered that being able to choose your own modules and essay titles is not actually a good thing.
It turns out you’re better not having the option.
14. And you’ve become painfully aware of how fast the time is flying.
Final year is coming.
15. You’ve forgotten what you used to think about before you had so many deadlines.
“I think I used to have fun…”