12 Things You And Your Housemates Will Find Yourselves Doing During Your First Days Together
Living with people you’ve only just met is kind of weird. No wonder you find yourself doing strange things during the first few days (weeks…)! At least you can rest assured that some of the people you hang out with now will stay your friends for the rest of your life. Cute.
1. Forget each other’s names.
There are 8 people in the flat and you know 8 names. You just don’t know which name belongs to who.
2. Follow each other.
Facebook, Whatsapp, Instagram, Twitter, etc. Before you know it your house clan will be following each other on every platform imaginable.
3. Explain your course to each other.
Even though you don’t actually know yourself yet.
4. Laugh at each other’s accents.
And argue about where the North/South/Midlands are. Or should that be “Midlands”?
5. Discover campus together.
Because it’s more fun being lost together. And hopefully one of you will remember your way back to the house.
6. Go on a crazy night out together.
And lose at least one member of the group at some point.
7. You’ll spend hours chatting about nothing.
Because it’s the best way to get to know each other.
8. You’ll venture into town together.
By day or by night, going to Canterbury for the first time without your family is something that has to be done as part of a flat outing.
9. You’ll vow to be best friends forever.
Which become more difficult once you all have different schedules…
10. You’ll head next door as a group.
Smile and wave, just smile and wave. And hopefully make some friends too.
11. Someone will get a crush on someone else.
And you’ll all desperately try to avoid flatmate romances because they never end well.
12. Someone will emerge as being the weird one.
You can guess what we mean by that.