19 Things You Should Know Now You’ve Got A Place At Kent
So you’ve just secured your place at the University of Kent – congratulations! Kent isn’t just a university though, it’s a way of life. Here’s what you need to know about your University.
1. UKC is the best university ever.
Not officially… But it’s your university, therefore it is the best.
2. You’re going to fall stupidly in love with the view of the city from campus.
Because it’s stunning.
3. You won’t walk from town to campus.
That hill is just not cool. You’ll probably give it a go a couple of times but after that it’ll only ever happen accidentally.
4. Crazy Hands is a thing.
A UKC legend.
5. The rivalry between Kent and Christ Church is fierce.
We’re the best, obvs.
6. Each type of accommodation comes with its own stereotype.
Your accommodation says a lot about you as a person.
7. It was Kent’s 50th anniversary last year.
And everyone made a big fuss about it. There were fireworks and everything.
8. Most of the buildings on campus are mazes.
You’ll spend most of your first month at Kent lost in Cornwallis, Rutherford or Elliot.
9. But you’ll soon know your way around campus really well.
Getting lost every day will be a distant memory and campus will feel like home. Cute. You’ll still find pretty much everything else about uni confusing though, don’t worry.
10. The societies you join will make your time at uni special.
You’ll meet new people, make great memories and it’s the best way to try something new.
11. Kent’s location makes it perfect for fun weekends away.
12. We have an active arts community.
13. You’ll be standing on the shoulders of giants.
14. You’ll start getting confused about where you call home.
15. You won’t manage to eat in all the restaurants in town.
16. You’ll definitely visit the Cathedral the first time your parents come to town.
17. The Chocolate Café is heaven.
It’s where you’ll go when it’s cold outside and you have 7000 words to write within the next 24hrs. It will make everything else seem ok.
18. You’ll find ways of making sure that people know you go to Kent and not CCCU.
When people ask where you’re studying in Canterbury it’s always nice to be able to achieve instant recognition of your success at being an amazing human being when responding “at the University of Kent”.
19. The rabbits and ducks will become your uni pets.
You’ll probably end up giving them names.