7 Things You Hated About Your Graduation Day
Graduation: It should be the happiest days of our lives, but in reality it can be a bit of a pain.
Here are some of the worst things about graduation we all have to endure.
1. Arriving two hours early like the university suggested, only to be the first one there and having to wait around in your gown all morning on your own, getting increasingly hot and sweaty.
2. Not being able to get the complimentary drink until after the ceremony. Say what?
3. The huge, unflattering gown. It’s not like it took us over a month to find the perfect outfit or anything.
4. The official graduation photographs. Nothing says proudest day of your life like holding a blank scroll and grimacing through your teeth as you try to keep the hat tassel out of your eye.
5. Finally getting into the graduation ceremony and then having to wait an hour so the entire board of educators you’ve never seen before can say speeches about how amazing the university is. Yawn.
6. The 10 second walk across the stage. Three years of your life gone, all in exchange for a hand shake with someone who looks like Dumbledore’s older brother.
7. The endless posing so your family can take hundreds of photos. We get it, you’re proud.
Let’s face it, graduation day is pretty dull, not to mention full of embarrassing clichés. But despite the awkwardness and boringness, we wouldn’t miss it for the world – especially when it gives us the best excuse to celebrate.
First night out as a graduate, anyone?